🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile is under review for more than a week
Page options
kevindale_e
Community Member

Profile is under review for more than a week

Hi,

I've been checkig my profile almost every day and night just to check if my profile has been accepted, I even tried sending one of your mentors a message and still I haven't gotten any replies. I even checked my email and spam folders just to double check. Can anyone here suggest on what and how to speed up my process?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

While there is no guarantee that your profile will get approved, there is a lot you can do to improve it in the meantime.

Take a lot of relevant tests to show that you have the appropriate skills, and are willing to make the effort. 

Your overview is a jumble of buzzwords combined in a way that lacks meaning or sense. 

If you are trying to use upwork as a learning tool, you are bound to be disappointed. Clients will stay away from freelancers that advertise as willing to learn - that is simply not what they are looking for. 

But it is ok to aquire the necessary skills and come back later when you are able to market yourself better!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Kevin Dale E wrote:

Can anyone here suggest on what and how to speed up my process?

Every day 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected and of the remainder, the majority never earn a Cent.

At least you have not been rejected (at this point) and might still be accepted, despite your overview leaving plenty of room for improvement...

Just wait.

Hi Petra,

Thank you for your response, I hope that I can be accepted as I want to share my services on Lighting Calculations on Architectural plans which is a common area that's disregarded by most contractors. As so for the 10,000 hopefuls you were saying atleast upwork should update the notification for new applicants that it'll take 24hrs to a week for the profile to undergo a review because of upworks que on applications.

Still waiting

matt_it_grow
Community Member

Hey Kevin Dale!

Have you considered interning with an architectural firm? An internship with professionals in the trade would be a fantastic place for you to develop the skills to become a freelancer yourself. Your profile notes that you need to continue developing the ability to perform the jobs you seek, UpWork is not a place to where clients come to hire individuals who hope to develop the skills they are seeking, though that might happen often enough, it is not good for our community.

Clients come to UpWork seeking competently skilled freelancers with the skills to fulfill their project needs, it's not the best place to learn the trade, Kevin Dale. That would be dishonest to all involved, especially those freelancer architectural artists who have the skill sets to meet or exceed the client's needs right away.

I sure do wish you luck Dale, enjoy your weekend

Matthew

Kevin, I noticed a couple of things in your overview. Instead of "unbearable" drive for success, perhaps you meant unbeatable drive for success? Also, "a competent growth" doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you meant competency growth, without the 'a' in front?

John K wrote:

Kevin, I noticed a couple of things in your overview. Instead of "unbearable" drive for success, perhaps you meant unbeatable drive for success? Also, "a competent growth" doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you meant competency growth, without the 'a' in front?

Indeed.

Furthermore that is all essentially meaningless drivel. Not one word on that is relevant.

Clients don't care about "drive for success" (unbearable or otherwise) or a freelancer's growth.

An overview needs to tell the client what that freelancer can do for their business.

That means tangible key skills, unique selling points, experience.

Less (or preferably no) meaningless bla-bla and if there is an overwhelming desire for having it on the overview at all, put the meaningless bla-bla at the bottom.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

While there is no guarantee that your profile will get approved, there is a lot you can do to improve it in the meantime.

Take a lot of relevant tests to show that you have the appropriate skills, and are willing to make the effort. 

Your overview is a jumble of buzzwords combined in a way that lacks meaning or sense. 

If you are trying to use upwork as a learning tool, you are bound to be disappointed. Clients will stay away from freelancers that advertise as willing to learn - that is simply not what they are looking for. 

But it is ok to aquire the necessary skills and come back later when you are able to market yourself better!

Thank you Martina,

Your approach helped a lot, I've reconstructed my profile and I've been doing some tests so hopefully I can get an answer soon.

Cheers,

c00f4dd1
Community Member

Hello, Even my account says that the profile is being reviewed and it s been over a week. Can you please give me an update on it?

Hi Aliza,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths