🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile keep being denied
Page options
rls2201
Community Member

Profile keep being denied

Hey Upwork

I have created my profile and have submitted it twice but I keep getting denied. I haven't received any message or notification for why it's denied and I would like feedback so that I can fix my profile for approval.

Thank you

Randy L

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Randy,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kcoar
Community Member

Hello, my Moroccan husband is having the same issue. His profile keeps getting denied and the email he receives is vague/non specific so he doesn’t know what the problem is to fix it. I am American, and I personally know expats who have successfully joined Upwork with a Moroccan address, so I know his location is not the problem. We thought maybe b/c he did not add work history on the first profile that is why it was denied, but he has since added it and has been denied again. His primary skill is Translating, he is a polyglot and very skilled in languages, there appears to be ample freelance jobs available for Translators, so it seems unlikely that there is an imbalance of work to workers, therefore this does not seem like a valid reason for him to be denied. So, given all the above I have to wonder if he is being racially profiled due to his name or photo. He has been denied 3 times now. So I would appreciate some help understanding why Upwork keeps denying his profile.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kerri,

Upwork does not allow or support discrimination against color, race or national origin. Please note that we accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace. Your husband can update his profile in the future and resubmit it again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, unfortunately this is just as vague and unhelpful as the email he
has received from Upwork.

And, while I realize that Upwork the organization doesn’t support racial
profiling on paper, that does not mean the individuals approving and
denying profiles have the same values. I am trying to make sense of his
being denied 3 times when there is clearly ample work available in his
specialty, so I would appreciate deeper insight.
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kerri,

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's application. However, we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. You can refer your husband to this help article for more information regarding declined applications and this help article too on how to create a 100% complete freelancer profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for the information. The first link In the last email is broken.

Kerri C wrote:
Hello, unfortunately this is just as vague and unhelpful as the email he
has received from Upwork.

And, while I realize that Upwork the organization doesn’t support racial
profiling on paper, that does not mean the individuals approving and
denying profiles have the same values. I am trying to make sense of his
being denied 3 times when there is clearly ample work available in his
specialty, so I would appreciate deeper insight.

There are no individuals approving or denying profiles. Upwork gets 10K new applications every day, and that number was from before the pandemic. It is an algorithm based on supply and demand, a completely automated process. 

66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Randy,

Welcome to the Upwork platform.  It will take a little bit time for the profile to be verified. You once again check, whether you have provided all the information. If yes, you will soon receive the notice of verification. 

As narrated by the Moderator already that around 10k applications are received everyday, so a little more wait will be fine.

Best of luck.

Thanks

https://www.coupongot.com/
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths