🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile name updated but wont show fully
Page options
youngsvoiceover
Community Member

Profile name updated but wont show fully

Hi, I recently updated my profile name from an alias (which I did not realize was against Upworks TOS at first) to Tyler B (my real name) as I had to verify my profile. After updating my profile name my account was verified, I see my previous profile name still on upwork even in the contact information it shows my real name. It shows up on forums as my real name, but when I view my own profile, my name is still not updated. Please help with this as I am not sure what clients are seeing and I have been intorducing myself as my real name in all my proposals and dont want to confuse prospective clients. Attached is a screenshot of what I currently see (my alias) which should've been updated from day one.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you in advance,

Tyler

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

That worked. Thank you for your help and fast reply!
khan_riya
Community Member

I want to update my verified name.  I verified my account in 2019. But after marriage my name was changed. The Government provided me with a new digital NID.

Hi Riya,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths