🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to get a new Upwork account approved ...
Page options
amanzar
Community Member

Profile not being approved

Hello, My sister is an aspiring graphic designer and has worked on professional graphic design projects since the last 3 years and also has relevant educational credentials, is looking to join upwork but her profile is not getting approved. 
Her profile URL is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Every time she submits her profile for review, she gets a message saying that there aren't any opportunities for her area of expertise. I, however, from my experience of working in outsourcing on a daily basis, know that finding a good graphic designer can still be a challenge and cannot see why her profile should not be approved.

Can anyone help in this regard?

116 REPLIES 116
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ali,

I`m sorry to hear that your sister application was not accepted and unfortunately I can`t share details for another user with you.
Your sister can resubmit her profile in the future and our team will review it again, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, she has just resubmitted her updated profile, hoping for reconsideration. Thanks
kat303
Community Member

Ali, the area where your sister would work (graphic design I'm assuming) is saturated with thousands of freelancers with the same skill set. At this moment, Upwork is holding off on accepting any more accounts from people with the skill set youir sister has. In the future, your sister can try again if developments in her area of expertise changes. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "finding a good graphic designer can still be a challenge"

It is not a challenge for me.

I can post a job description of any kind of graphic design project I want on:

http://www.upwork.com

...and have dozens of qualified graphic designers send me proposals and portfolios within 30 minutes.

Hi! 

My name is Mahamudul Hasan. I started my career here on Upwork in Sep 5, 2014 as a Real Estate  Virtual Assistant.  I worked about 1700 hours on Upwork with my 9 happy clients so far.

A few days ago,  One of my cousins asked me , Hey, do you know,  "How to get a new Upwork account approved in 2019?" It wasn't a very hard question for me but, I didn't have the answer 'cause, a lot's of thing has changed on Upwork in last few years. I think A lot's of new freelancers has the same question on their mind right now.

My cousin is a Graphic Designer and she worked with some of his local clients, and she's really excited to work on Upwork.  Please let me know what I can suggest her?

Thanks in advance!

Mahamudul H wrote:

A few days ago,  One of my cousins asked me , Hey, do you know,  "How to get a new Upwork account approved in 2019?" It wasn't a very hard question for me but, I didn't have the answer 'cause, a lot's of thing has changed on Upwork in last few years. I think A lot's of new freelancers has the same question on their mind right now.

My cousin is a Graphic Designer.

Every day 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork and 98% are rejected.

Graphic Design is one of the most oversubscribed categories, and most of those who are accepted never earn a single Dollar.

To be honest, your cousin can, of course, "try" but she may be better off on a less competitive and over-crowded platform.

Deleted.

re: "If this is a bug?"

No.

re: "Is this [the] desired behavior that he unable to contact support?"

Yes.

This is intentional.

Hello!
My sister have a problem with Upwork. She is trying to create a new account but keeps getting this email (attachement)
she enter twice the information correctly but the problem still there 😕

**Edited for community guidelines**

Helping my wife because her profile couldn't get approve she has been trying over and over. She can't post to forums to ask questions. This is her profile https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01aa8886d711f2c3c5/  thank you please help.

Lester B wrote:

Helping my wife because her profile couldn't get approve she has been trying over and over.

If your wife is not being approved, it will be because there are already too many freelancers in her category.

Once a profile has been rejected a couple of times, chances of it being ever approved move rapidly towards 0.

Your wife should find a different platform where there is still space.

Are there any other platforms ? Are you allow to list just some of them ?

Thank you so much Petra!

Hey,

My friend is trying to add a certification to his profile and has been told to email upwork with the certification so they can verfy it's genuine etc. However everytime he emails them he gets the auto response 'First, we want to say that we appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Upwork community. Unfortunately, after reviewing the skills and experience in your submitted application we have found we cannot accept it......etc'.

I am presuming this is because his profile has been declined before, but how can he improve his profile if they wont reassess it correcty with his new qualiications?

Thanks

Hi Vladimir,

My cousin created an account on Upwork, but not able to approve it, but he wants to work here.

Could you please check his profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01944f4312e5b53ee7

Hi, 

My friend has submitted his profile 4-5 times, with updated bio, did certifications and passed tests with Top 10% regarding his skill. Still, his profile is not getting approved. Please look into it.

His profile link is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Manoj K wrote:

Hi, 

My friend has submitted his profile 4-5 times, with updated bio, did certifications and passed tests with Top 10% regarding his skill. Still, his profile is not getting approved. Please look into it.

Every day 10.000 people try to join Upwork.

98% are rejected. Of the 2% that are accepted, most never earn a single Dollar because there are tens or hundreds of thousands of existing freelancers in those categories already.

The platform has far too many freelancers in most categories already. Suggest to your friend that he may want to find a different platform.

ma-kumar
Community Member

Can you please suggest what are the other platforms on which he should try?

Hi,

This is my wif's account that was recently suspended and asked to pass video verification. 

But system bug didn't allow to do that as she can't use to support.upwork.com as after login she is redirected to the upwork main page. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Samvel,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Who is asking to share details of another user? or to share any users details?? 

The bug itself is that Upwork is asking for a user to do an action, and to do that that user MUST go to support.upwork.com and login there to pass verification, but that user just can't do that because after login she gets redirected back to upwork.com ... 

This is deadend for the user... How can you ask user to do something and didn't allow to do that? this is nonsense. 

ITs a general BUG report. someone who is working on the Upwork development team MUST be assigned and solve this issue to stop blocking users and didn't give them a chance to unblock their accounts... 

Hi Samvel,

Please ask your wife to clear cache and cookies or log in with another browser to complete the verification.
Our team will also check this from our end and reach out to her directly, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

She already did that, 

I am a developer myself, this is not a cache or cookie or other front-end issue, this is an issue with wrong user auth logic implementation. 

If you show this video to ANY competent developer they will recognize the issue in 2 minutes. 

User logging in support.upwork.com gets an error "Cannot signin suspended user" and gets redirected back to upwork.com... 
User is not able to get any help. as is not able to contact to support agent without logging in, and login attempts just will fail infiniate times. 

This is a very serious auth logic bug. please report this to someone who is competent. 
I am trying not just solve our problem but make Upwork better by not having this type of critical bugs. 

attaching video again, moderator removed it without understanding how serious this bug is.

Hi Samvel,

I checked this from our end and can confirm that everything is working as designed.

Please be mindful of our Community Guidelines when posting in our Community, the video you recorded has private information and that is the reason why it was removed.

Regarding your wife account, unfortunately I can't share more details with you. Your wife can refer to the details our team shared with her on her tickets/emails. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What are you talking about?? 

What private info is there ??

Her account name that is available to everyone,

Her job feed which is the same to everyone.

General "Action Required" message which is the same for every suspended user
Website behavior which is the same for every suspended user. 

What's going on here? Instead of trying to solve the problem, you're just trying to shut my mouth? 

Attaching video one more time. I am going to write to Upwork top management about this case. 
This is very very bad service we get. 

Before removing the video write WHAT EXACLY is private there ??

Hi Samvel,

I`m sorry that you feel this way, on the video your wife full name is listed and it is not allowed to be posted publicly in our Community.  

As I've already mentioned I can't share details for another user with you and everything is working as designed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Everything is working as designed??? 

What are you talking about Goran? 

Why are you asking the user to do an action which he just can't do technically?  

If this is the case, the user must see sorry, your account is suspended and you can't do anything... 

But it is not the case... 

This is asking to go to do an action but technically he can't do that... 

If someone is designed this that way that he did design it wrong. 

There is a SERIOUS logical issue there... 

Show this video and conversation to the development team, show that to someone competent. 

I will submit this issue to upwork again and again, I will continue to write to top management. 

This is a very unprofessional service. 

Instead of trying to understand, debug and fix the bug that I reported you are answering "works as designed" ???? 

Very very very bad service... Total Nonsense. 

Adding new video without any private information.

Logical Bug: the suspended user is asked to do an action which he technically can't do.

Hello, 

Could you please approve id of one of my agency member with id- **Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks and regards

Deepak

Hello;
I'm an agency owner and one the freelancers associated with my agency is facing troubles to approve his account.

The skills he puts are what we need however the bot still asks him to change them.
Please fix this issue, because a client wants to invite him to a project.

Hello!

I'm wirting for my friend whose account has been suspended (Link: **Edited for Community Guidelines**). There was no any clarifications provided to him.

The reason why he is not writing by himself that he can't. The site Support.upwork.com does not allow him to log in, the site returns him back to upwork.com with message: "...email=&external_id=&kind=error&message=Cannot sign in suspended user...". As well he is not able to write here.

As he said, the message to the support was sent through the uppwork application. It was said that the response takes a one business day, but still there is now any answer.

Could you make a contact with him through messages or email. If you need any information further I could provide it.

With best regards,
Alexey 

I'm sorry for posting inappropriate infromation up above (I mean the link). I read the community guidline not very much carefully.

Hi Aleksei,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, our team will check this from our end and if it's needed will reach out to your friend directly.

~ Goran
Upwork

My friend is also having the same issue. Please let me know the solution?

Hello. I registered as an employer. Since I am Russian, but I live in India, and my card is over, I connected my wife's credit card. 10 dollars were withdrawn from her card and the confirmation was confirmed. I have made an application for a ghost writer. I wrote that I needed a book And they banned me. What have I done wrong?

Hi Olga,

Please keep in mind that sharing an account is a violation of our TOS. I will also send you a PM with more details, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My friend registered as a freelancer few days ago, and submitted the profile for verification. It got rejected. She is also not able to submit a new post in the community discussions. So, I am posting here on her behalf

As mentioned, the profile verfication got rejected. But she has a client with whom they were working with. Now they want to use Upwork.

Can the client register on upwork and invite the freelancer (the same account which got rejected when submitted for profile verification), through bring your own freelancer?

Will it then be approved?

re: "Can the client register on upwork and invite the freelancer (the same account which got rejected when submitted for profile verification), through bring your own freelancer?"

Yes.

re: "Will it then be approved?"

No.

Getting to work on Upwork through the Bring Your Own Freelancer program has nothing to do with getting one's account approved to work on Upwork generally.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths