🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Account permanently deactivated
Page options
amanzar
Community Member

Profile not being approved

Hello, My sister is an aspiring graphic designer and has worked on professional graphic design projects since the last 3 years and also has relevant educational credentials, is looking to join upwork but her profile is not getting approved. 
Her profile URL is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Every time she submits her profile for review, she gets a message saying that there aren't any opportunities for her area of expertise. I, however, from my experience of working in outsourcing on a daily basis, know that finding a good graphic designer can still be a challenge and cannot see why her profile should not be approved.

Can anyone help in this regard?

116 REPLIES 116

Hello All,

I am here to convey message of my friend who is not able to post to community from her account.

Hi Everyone, My name is Nirali. I am a interior Designer. I am trying to get my profile approved on Upwork but it has been rejected 5 times till now. I am not able to understand what I am missing. I have updated all the possible details on my profile. 

With every rejection I get message, something like "We dont have enough work for you". But I can see enough of work related to interior designs. Any guidance will be helpful about what more details I can add to my profile or how I can get my profile approved. I am also not able to comment / create post on community. 

my profile link is : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Any Guidance and comments will be really helpful.

Thank you every one in advance.

Hello guys
My friend also got a profile fully filled with skills that are required for Software Developer, he even asked me for a help to fill his skills and I can say that they are fully required and projects are on Upwork with such set. But he already 4 times got declined. There is no detailed information about why and tips are too general. Could please someone help us?
Here is profile link:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you  

Hi Anand and Oleg,

We cannot discuss your friend's account with you for privacy reasons. Please have your friend refer to the notification sent to their account for more information. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,
I wrote from his side because he can't reply in this tread. Could you please advice how he can contact support to discuss this issue? I verified that his profile is filled good, but Upwork declined it.

apaleja
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for replying. I am replying for her as she can not comment / reply on community. Also she has not received any notifications. Can you please provide some more information about how can she connect with customer care ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleg, and Anand, 

I apologise but we're unable to share more information with you about these accounts to comply with our privacy policy. Please ask your friends to refer to the notification on their profile. They should be able to update their profile at any time, and resubmit it for review, but I would like to note that not all freelancers will be accepted upon resubmitting their profiles. New freelancers are accepted based on the demand in the marketplace. In the meantime, I would recommend that they complete their profile to help us better determine if there is a sufficient demand for their skills, and experience, however, please not that having a complete profile doesn't guarantee admittance. 

~ Avery
Upwork
apaleja
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for quick response and I completely understand upwrok privacy policy and I am not asking for any information to share with me but She has not any notifications due to which she is not able to comment in community thread, not able to get in touch with customer care as well.

I also understand acceptance of new freelancer based on marketplace requirements (which I can clearly see alot in her case). and About completeness of her profile, which is 100% complete and alot more experince which can contribute to this community very well. 

Upwork needs to start providing better responses then these generic ones to everyone regardless of rejection reason. With there kind of rejection rate, it discourages aspiring freelancers to try to join this platform again. I am not sure if that is what upwork is trying to do. but if that's the case then I highly discourage it.

- Anand

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback Anand, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My friend's account got suspended.

How can we resolve the issue?

I've been using Upwork now for a number of years, have had great success with it and absolutely love it, so recommended it to a friend who I've been working with for years. She's got the same training as me, is incredibly precise and really good at what she does, and would be a huge asset to Upwork. She crafted a stellar profile but has had it rejected time and time again despite working on her skills, making tweaks and changes and improving a number of aspects each time. The trouble is, the rejection messages are so generic, she can't work out what change needs to be made.

We've read all the forums and realise many people have experience of this - does anyone have any advice? She's desperate to work as she sees me doing and I can vouch for her quality and commitment - just can't get her on the platform!!

My colleague's uptwork profile is not getting approved. He has tried updating/editing/resubmitting profile and till date total resubmissions are almost 20+ in number in the last a few months. But still the profile is not getting approved. He has good amount of experience of almost 7 plus years in cyber security , cloud security , aws security. I don't see any reason for his profile rejection. Can someone suggest on this grey area please.

Upwork is not going to give you information about somebody else's account or profile status.

I understand that but why there is no option to contact support from his e-mail? 

He cannot login on his account and ask by himself? 

f_halili
Community Member

Inactivated member is not allowed to post an article on upwork community.

That is it.

Hi there Upwork community, a friend of mine is having an issue but can't conntact support or open a new thread here. Here's his message:

"Hi there Upwork community,

After a couple of account creation rejections, I researched into the issue online and turns out a possible reason for this could be an old account I created a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, in the mean time, I lost access to the email adress associated with this old account. 

I tried reasearching on how to either get hold or delete an account with inaccessible email adress but couldn't find anything. Are there any options you can suggest?

Thanks,

Marko"

Hello,

Maybe is this not good way to ask but there is no other option.

My brothers freelancer account is permanently deactivated but he didn't get reason why it happened to him.

Can you please help him and me to understand why he got deactivation because he think it was misunderstanding?

He got e-mail request to send you his identification document and bank statement with his name and adress, which he did and after that he just got back e-mail with final result without explanation.

He would love to get some help so he can continue to work.

Best, Jovana

hello 

my friend from serbia and his account not by upwork .he resubmit his profile many times 

plz help me out

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand. Please let your friend know to reach out to us so that we can assist them further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. 

How are you?

Currently, my friend wanna work on upwork and has a problem with getting account approved.

His name is Dzmitry and he is a Belarusian.

I passed my account at once.

He tried more than 5 time but didn't pass yet.

His profile completeness is 100% but he is not being approved although he waited 24 hrs every time.

What is the reason?

Would you care of him so that he can become a member of upwork?

Looking for your response.

Kind Wishes.

Florenc H.

My friend want account on upwork he submit application 5 days ago  but it still show message profile is underreview and back to you in 24 hours. but its 85 hours are passed.Link of profile is

**Edited for community guidelines**

kindly tell what he do

Hi, I'm sending this inquiry on behalf of my friend. My friend recently submitted an application to Upwork and as most people know, it will only take within 24 hours before you know if you passed or failed the application via email. It's been two days since he submitted the application and until now he still hasn't received any email and the "your profile is under review" notification is still on his feed. Could you recommend any possible solution to his problem? 

Hi Jonadab,

If the owner of the account needs further assistance, they may directly get in touch with us so that we can assist them. We are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

He is trying to send an inquiry about it but it looks like he has no access to it.

Hi there!

A friend has a problem with the registration it also says the part of the 10000 applicants, she already has a client that wants to give her a contract through upwork, but she can't finish the registration process, is there any way you can help her?

Hi David,

We are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.  Please let your friend know to reach out to us so that we can assist them further.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for the answer.

Could I give you her email so you can talk to her directly? writing to upwork's support email does not help, she just gets an automated response.

Hello,

My colleague and a good friend of mine is trying to join upwork, but his profile hasn't gotten approved. He went through all the needed checkboxes and filled all the needed data, could somebody assist us please? 

Hi Jelena,

We are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. Please let your friend know to reach out to us so that we can assist them further with their account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have invited a friend of mine to work for the same company I work, the company has already offered him a contract and we are just looking foward to formalized on upwork. However, for some dark reason, his profile was rejected. We got a generic message "... We looked over your profile and unfortunately we are unable to accept it at this time...Unfortunately, after reviewing the skills and experience in your submitted application we have found we cannot accept it...". 

This is ridiculous. The guy is super skilled in fact, has a PhD in theoretical physics and has spend his life doing numeric computations, which is why we want to hire him. And someone (robot?), somewhere in upwork decided just not to accept him in the platform? 

I have already contact customer support to see if they could do something: nothing, they asked me to ask my boss to enter in contact. My boss did the same to get again the generic answer that the freelancer must resubmit his profile. My friend is completely lost, is his first time on upwork and as a remote worker, and so I am. I helped him to complete his profile.

To the upwork team. Please accept this guy profile:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01469363f958b6b526

We will hire him immediately. We do really need him asap, if it doesn't happen in upwork then it will be outside.

And watch out your proceedings because sometimes feels quite offensive!

HELP!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

We won't be able to comment on your friend's profile status specifically, please refer them to the notification they received from Upwork. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling their case. You can share this help article with your client for more information on how they can hire your friend. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, my friend has been trying to get his profile approved for a while now, and he doesn't understand why it hasn't been approved yet; He has completed his profile 100% and his skills are in high demand (Back-End dev stuff). Any advice on how to get his profile approved would be very helpful. This is the link to his profile (**Edited for community guidelines** )

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

We are not able to comment on your friend's profile status specifically, please refer them to the notification they received from Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ae822c26
Community Member

When you say notification, do you mean this:

Some steps you can take from here:
Resubmit your profile after including other skill sets or work experience you might have left off
Acquire new skills or experience relevant to your field so you can become a more attractive candidate

Try submitting again in 6-12 months to see if we have new opportunities

If so, my friend has already tried doing these things. Isn't there some way for you to approve him manually, or tell him what he has to change

I am making an account for my friend and she is working with me as a sourcing agent from 2 years for non-upwork clients but now i want her to join Upwork platform just like i did and i added all of her relevant information but Upwork has rejected her account 4 times. Can i get to know the reason please? Your valuable answer will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Faraz A wrote:

I am making an account for my friend 

That is not allowed. Both your accounts could be permanently banned. You are an inch away from losing your Upwork account.

Upwork do not want your friend. You need to step away from this or you will  be banned permanently.

Hi Faraz,

Each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. Logging into other user's account is a serious violation of Upwork TOS

We won't be able to comment on your friend's profile status specifically, please refer them to the notification they received from Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sadia7777
Community Member

Try by using some professional Domain instead of Gmail etc.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths