cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile not being approved

Ali M Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
1 of 35

Hello, My sister is an aspiring graphic designer and has worked on professional graphic design projects since the last 3 years and also has relevant educational credentials, is looking to join upwork but her profile is not getting approved. 
Her profile URL is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Every time she submits her profile for review, she gets a message saying that there aren't any opportunities for her area of expertise. I, however, from my experience of working in outsourcing on a daily basis, know that finding a good graphic designer can still be a challenge and cannot see why her profile should not be approved.

Can anyone help in this regard?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 35

Hi Ali,

I`m sorry to hear that your sister application was not accepted and unfortunately I can`t share details for another user with you.
Your sister can resubmit her profile in the future and our team will review it again, thank you.

Untitled
Ali M Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
3 of 35
Thank you, she has just resubmitted her updated profile, hoping for reconsideration. Thanks
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 35

Ali, the area where your sister would work (graphic design I'm assuming) is saturated with thousands of freelancers with the same skill set. At this moment, Upwork is holding off on accepting any more accounts from people with the skill set youir sister has. In the future, your sister can try again if developments in her area of expertise changes. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 35

re: "finding a good graphic designer can still be a challenge"

It is not a challenge for me.

I can post a job description of any kind of graphic design project I want on:

http://www.upwork.com

...and have dozens of qualified graphic designers send me proposals and portfolios within 30 minutes.

Mahamudul H Member Since: Nov 22, 2014
6 of 35

Hi! 

My name is Mahamudul Hasan. I started my career here on Upwork in Sep 5, 2014 as a Real Estate  Virtual Assistant.  I worked about 1700 hours on Upwork with my 9 happy clients so far.

A few days ago,  One of my cousins asked me , Hey, do you know,  "How to get a new Upwork account approved in 2019?" It wasn't a very hard question for me but, I didn't have the answer 'cause, a lot's of thing has changed on Upwork in last few years. I think A lot's of new freelancers has the same question on their mind right now.

My cousin is a Graphic Designer and she worked with some of his local clients, and she's really excited to work on Upwork.  Please let me know what I can suggest her?

Thanks in advance!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 35

Mahamudul H wrote:

A few days ago,  One of my cousins asked me , Hey, do you know,  "How to get a new Upwork account approved in 2019?" It wasn't a very hard question for me but, I didn't have the answer 'cause, a lot's of thing has changed on Upwork in last few years. I think A lot's of new freelancers has the same question on their mind right now.

My cousin is a Graphic Designer.

Every day 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork and 98% are rejected.

Graphic Design is one of the most oversubscribed categories, and most of those who are accepted never earn a single Dollar.

To be honest, your cousin can, of course, "try" but she may be better off on a less competitive and over-crowded platform.

Andrey B Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
8 of 35
Hello,

My friend created his Upwork account few days ago and asked me to contact customer support in order to clarify situation with his account review.

He said that he can't contact support or write into community forum until his account verified.

If this is a bug or desired behavior that he unable to contact support?

His account review was declined several times, but he already working on Upwork and has client, already earned few hundreds, but faced this really weird situation with account review, inability to contact support or write to community forums.

How to overcome this situation? Freelancer who want to work and already earning money through Upwork unable to pass account review because "there's lot of freelancers with similar skills".

Can someone from customer support take closer look into this situation?

Thank you.

His profile is:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 35

re: "If this is a bug?"

No.

re: "Is this [the] desired behavior that he unable to contact support?"

Yes.

This is intentional.

Safae J Member Since: Sep 15, 2018
10 of 35

Hello!
My sister have a problem with Upwork. She is trying to create a new account but keeps getting this email (attachement)
she enter twice the information correctly but the problem still there :/

**Edited for community guidelines**

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS