🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile not being approved
Page options
amanzar
Community Member

Profile not being approved

Hello, My sister is an aspiring graphic designer and has worked on professional graphic design projects since the last 3 years and also has relevant educational credentials, is looking to join upwork but her profile is not getting approved. 
Her profile URL is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Every time she submits her profile for review, she gets a message saying that there aren't any opportunities for her area of expertise. I, however, from my experience of working in outsourcing on a daily basis, know that finding a good graphic designer can still be a challenge and cannot see why her profile should not be approved.

Can anyone help in this regard?

116 REPLIES 116

I understand that.

But she has a potential client and they want to use Upwork.

So, is there a way for them to start using this platform?

Ram Prasad M wrote:

But she has a potential client and they want to use Upwork.

So, is there a way for them to start using this platform?

Sure, but in that case your friend can ONLY work with THAT client and that client alone, ever.

So there is no point trying to create fake client accounts and fake jobs to try and get around the Upwork approval process.

I don't understand why people jump to fake conclusions.

First of all I don't have time to maintain fake accounts, because I am really occupied with work. Anyone who can check my profile will know that.

And I actually have more clients who I cannot support at the moment, so they are looking forward to work with my friend. I want it to be transparent, so I want my friend to have her own profile

And, I am not looking at setting up an agency, as I don't want it.

So, it's better if people stop coming to fake conclusions without understanding the problem. If you would still want to do that. ALL THE BEST !!!

Hello,
My husband  Hayk Hovhannisyan, who is a full stack web developer - expert in PHP / Laravel / Magento, trying to submit his account , but upwork ddidn't accepting his profile.
And also he couldn't create a topic for asking (We don't know why).
We would like to know the reason for rejection, and what can he do for acception.

Here is his upwork profile link:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you in advance.

Hi Folks at upwork,

Can you check why my buddy's profile is not being accepted. He's worked with Lenovo Software and passed some tests with top percentile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b038e5af68a3ae48?viewMode=1

Hi Gokul, 

Please know that we will not be able to discuss your friend's account with your for privacy reasons. Your friend can refer to the notification on his account for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for the response Avery,

He is unfortunately not allowed to discuss it in the community. All he gets is an automated mail citing rejection. I understand that you want to filter out applicants as its already saturated. But the registration is kept open to let the skilled one join, right?

Hi! My colligue's profile is not approved either. He has got 14 years of experience in his area. Could you check it **Edited for Community Guidelines**? Thanks for any help.

Hello and Greetings !!

On of my friend - highly skilled and experienced champ got depressed on upwork account denial.  He is a Top rated in organisation and server multinational companies with his talented work.

Was shocked to know as i used to take his help when i am in need  no idea about the rejection and upwork never discloses the fact about when went wrong.  simple answer (Terms and Conditions ).

I request upwork management to re-consider with another interview as many TOP class GEMS are rejected often.  upwork is a matured platform for GENUINE GUYS to server the world.

As i found him very depressed so it was just a respect form of text to raise a voice for friend.  More over we all have faced similar problems.

Thank you.

Hi,

I applied to join Upwork and got approved straight away. My partner has the same skill set as me and has applied repeatedly but keeps getting rejected. 

It's very frustrating as she really wants to start working on here. Is there anything that can be done please?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Please know that we will not be able to discuss your friend's account with your for privacy reasons. Your friend can refer to the notification on their account for more information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I am writing on the behalf of Mr Rishab He is facing problem.

The support section is showing that my profile is not accepted, But i have all the verifications completed. I have completed one project and one is in progress.
Screenshot **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Profile Link :

Regards
Vishal Bansal

Regds
Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. Your friend can refer to the details/instructions he has on their home page and their tickets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've posted this problem on the forums for a while now and have been in contact with another moderator but no solutions as of now. 

1. A family member made an account on Upwork. She has been trying to build her profile for the past few months so that her account is approved. Initially, her profile was rejected so she did a few Google Ads courses to add certifications to her profile so that next time her profile could be approved. She submitted the certificates to Upwork but they have been pending for over 1 month now. 

2. You may suggest that she post a thread here or contact a moderator or create a ticket but it appears that she has no privileges to post a thread on the community forum or create a ticket. None of her tickets are being responded to. She basically cannot seem to correspond with any member of the Upwork support, so because of this, her certificates have been pending for a while now. She cannot seek help from anyone on Upwork. 

3. Please advise what must be done. This family member has complied with all Upwork instructions but yet she is being left in the cold here through no fault of her own. She can't even solve any issue with Upwork because some kind of a hold has been placed on my account. She just wants to have the same privileges that all of us over here do. 

Any help would be appreciated here.

My friends client wants her to work for him but he only want to use Upwork platform. She tried to create account but still isnt able to succeed. She tried resubmitting again and again. Can her client help in this case?

There is no way like that. Your friend will need to create an active profile first. Try again with unique and creative profile intro. 

petra_r
Community Member

Rupak K wrote:

My friends client wants her to work for him but he only want to use Upwork platform. She tried to create account but still isnt able to succeed. She tried resubmitting again and again. Can her client help in this case?

Her client can use the "bring my own freelancer" function, then your friend can work with that client (and only ever THAT client - no others, and it will not approve her profile)

Hi,

I'm trying to help my friend to get her profile approved.

She added all the skills she has but her profile wasn't approved even after trying multiple times!

What is preventing her profile from getting aprroved? We see a lot of freelancers who have a worse profile than her and they're all approved.

That's her profile:

She can't submit a question because the category is blank, so I'm posting on her behalf.

Hope someone helps, Thanks.

Hi Ahmed,

I`m sorry to hear that your friend application was not accepted and unfortunately I can`t share details for another user with you.
Your friend can resubmit their profile in the future and our team will review it again, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you message her with some information?

Hello beautiful people. I am part of a freelance organization we just hired a few more members but they are having issues getting their profiles approved. they tried submitting questions to tech support with no luck as by the time they wanna submit the question it won't allow them to do. Does anyone know what I can do? thank you so much.

Hi Nery,

I have the same question. I am looking to start an agency with people I can trust, and the profiles are being rejected for generic reasons and no specifications of what is missing or a good reason for rejection. 

It would really be great if we can know what can or should be done. I am actively looking for help on this end!

With Thanks,
Dushyant

- If you do not fight for yourself, who will?

Hi!

My friend applied to join upwork. He is full stack developer with 10 years experience. 
He has also experience in Marketing and Design. 

He created his profile with portfolio, neccesary photo, info about education and work experience, etc. So 100% full profile. 

Could you please help why he gets rejections.

I am looking forward for your help. 

Best Regards, 
Stanislav

petra_r
Community Member

Stanislav M wrote:

My friend applied to join upwork. He is full stack developer with 10 years experience.

Every day 10.000  hopefuls try to join Upwork.

98% are rejected.

The vast majority of those who are accepted, never win a single contract and never earn even one Dollar.

aab9daef
Community Member

Ok. 
so what can I do? 

if it is a plattform to find a work, why he cant try to do that?
As I understand Upwork promised to suuport and help freelancers. 

So please help to resolve this problem. 
He has been trying to join upwork more than month already. (every single day)

I hope for your help. 

BR, 
Stanislav

petra_r
Community Member

Stanislav M wrote:

Ok. 
so what can I do?

Nothing. Find a different platform.

Stanislav M wrote:

if it is a plattform to find a work, why he cant try to do that?

Because there are already far too many people trying to find work.

Stanislav M wrote:

As I understand Upwork promised to suuport and help freelancers.

Not really.

Stanislav M wrote:

He has been trying to join upwork more than month already. (every single day)

He should find a different platform.

My friend so far I know is a talent in Telemarketing sales lead pipeline builder and his Telemarketing business in running for 7+ years. Now, he is inclined to operate his business through Upwork and has created a professional profile. He submitted the profile but didn't approve. He has resubmited this **Edited for Community Guidelines**and wants to ask for community help. But he can't because his access to Community Discussion and ability to raise 'New Topic' removed because he is raised to community Forum member when tried to add comments to the already asked question thinking that replying to the question will be helpful for him.

Now, if one could go through his profile and decide, would help him start his business to our reputed marketplace. Also, please have a look at if he could have regain access to New to Upwork and raise a New Topic.

Thank you everybody always being helpful guide and problem solving to the newbies.

Mst Nargis **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mst Nargis,

Please know that we will not be able to discuss your friend's account with your for privacy reasons. Your friend can refer to the notification on his account for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Description: one of friend profile is under review from last 60Hr
what can he do?, please suggest, his profile url is

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks

Simardeep S wrote:

Description: one of friend profile is under review from last 60Hr
what can he do?

Like 98% of all the 10.000 freelancers who try to join Upwork every day, his profile was not accepted.

Another platform may be better for him.

Why my friend's account not accept his request to join in upwork. Kindly help him please

Hello community,

I needed to ask why my friends registration request was declined, two times? Because he is Moroccan his name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

He’s a Person with strong communication skills, verbal also written, have Customer Service experiences for few months, great It-skills, a Bachelor of Science, and is fluently in 3 languages French,English, Arabic. Notice: He is 20 years old.

So I can’t understand why they didn’t accepted him? I feel so sad for him. Can anyone help me?

Thank you all!

re: "Can anyone help me?"

No.

This is between Upwork and your friend.

This has nothing to do with you.

Upwork is not going to talk to you about this.

Of course I know. I just want that Upwork contact him not me for a solution. Thank you

Hi,

Recently I had created a new agency and invited an email id to the agency. He accepted my invitation and member is added to the agency but his profile is not approved as a freelancer. Could you please find the reason for the disaproval of the member account?

Thanks

Rinoy RK

petra_r
Community Member

Rinoy R wrote:

Hi,

Recently I had created a new agency and invited an email id to the agency. He accepted my invitation and member is added to the agency but his profile is not approved as a freelancer. Could you please find the reason for the disaproval of the member account?

98% of new profiles are rejected, and between 80% and over 90% /depending on area of skills) of those who are approved never win a single contract or earn a single Dollar.

Upwork will not tell you why someone was not approved, generally it is because there are already way too many freelancers on the platform in general and in the freelancer's area of expertise in particular.

rinoyrk
Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

I had set the new member of my agency to manager so that he can send proposals from agency, but he cannot send proposals from agency and his freelancer account is not approved. Does the new member account need to be approved to send proposals from agency? How can I enable him to send proposals in the agency because the new member is urgent resource for my agency.

Thanks

Rinoy RK

Hi Rinoy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The freelancers can re-submit their profile for another review once they add more skills and information about their experience. If they are accepted, they can work on Upwork under your agency.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your reply. The profile of my agency member is still not approved. He had updated with latest skills and experiences with 100% complete profile. Could you please tell me what to do?

Thanks

Rinoy RK

Hi Mod/Admin.

My wife is trying to open an account in Upwork, but she got denied.

She recently updated her profile. Can anyone check if is the profile ok now? Or if there is anything else she could do?

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths