🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile review
Page options
g_pantic
Community Member

Profile review

Hi All, 

I am new to Upwork, and i am wondering if some of you would be able to review my profile and give some tips how can I improve and increase possiblitlity to get hired?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Many thanks in advance

Gege

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Gege,

Welcome to Upwork! Please go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions compiled in this thread designed to help new users get started on Upwork.

You may also want to check out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
designiaa3921
Community Member

I just checked your profile and I feel it is good. The Title might be changed and made little more attractive so that it is available in searches rest everything is good.

Keep bidding and send quality content to the employer.

You have a higher chance of being employed.

Good Luck.

Many thanks for reviewing and advising Pushpank.

JoanneP

Hi Gege,

Welcome to Upwork! Please go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions compiled in this thread designed to help new users get started on Upwork.

You may also want to check out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
g_pantic
Community Member

Many thanks Joanne.  

The problem is Gege, you have copied your overview word for word from another site (indeed, this appears to be a  template in several places on the internet). If you start off by deceiving your clients you will not last very long as a freelancer. 

I suggest you rewrite your overview in your own words that truthfully reflects your skills. 

@Nichola L wrote:

The problem is Gege, you have copied your overview word for word from another site (indeed, this appears to be a  template in several places on the internet). If you start off by deceiving your clients you will not last very long as a freelancer. 

I suggest you rewrite your overview in your own words that truthfully reflects your skills. 

•  From more than one site actually. Upwork saw and Upwork decided: it's cool, welcome on board.
-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi Rene, i have updated my profile, and if you do have a moment i would appreciate if you gave me your opinion. Many thanks in advance. 

digiphics
Community Member

I liked your profile and would hire you based soley by how your wrote your overview. It tells me your hungry, but I would proof read your overview again, " as i have spent most of my work life" Capitalize "i" in that sentence. It may make a client not hire you because this show lack of detail. Aslo, it is hard to write an overview without using "i", try to  write it so it doesn't read I can do this, I can do that, I will be awesome.... Just my two cents worth.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths