🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Project Cancellation
Page options
zain512
Community Member

Project Cancellation

Hey, I hope all of you will be fine. I have a question to ask, My client created a milestone with a budget of 30$ for a job. I accpeted it later, We discussed and he wanted some additional things in the LOGO. I quoted him more price of 50$. He then cancelled the current Project an d created a new milestone for 50$ for me. I accpeted it again and I am working on his project. The older project he cancelled just to increase the budget from 30$ to 50$. Will it gonna affect My JOB sucess Score?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Will it gonna affect My Job Success Score?"

If you had a fixed-price contract in place, and the client CANCELLED it, without any money going to you... Then yes... This will count as a "zero-pay" contract. Such contracts count negatively toward your Job Success Score.

No, you can't do anything about it at this point.

Next time you're in a situation like that, try to get some money out of the open contract rather than just having it cancelled completely. They client could have paid you $30 with the existing contract and then paid you $20 with the Pay Bonus tool. Or he could have simply paid you $50 when he released payment. Clients can increase the amount they pay when they release escrow payment.

It was not my mistake and still i have to be responsible 🙄

Aamir R wrote:
It was not my mistake and still i have to be responsible 🙄

As Petra stated, it might not hurt you at all. But it is generally a good idea to know these things so that you can guide the client towards the best action, because you can't expect the client to know how it all afffects the freelancer, that's your job to know this stuff. 

Preston H wrote:

re: "Will it gonna affect My Job Success Score?"

If you had a fixed-price contract in place, and the client CANCELLED it, without any money going to you... Then yes... This will count as a "zero-pay" contract.

This is not necessarily the case AT ALL. It depends on what the client did while ending the contract. Not all "nothing paid" contracts are equal and telling people that something will hurt their JSS when it may well not do any such thing is either ignorant or malicious.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths