🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Project Duration
Page options
sakuragaoka2001
Community Member

Project Duration

How can i know how long a project takes when the project proposal is not detailed enough? Example: "i need an expert to do a statistical analysis related to mechanical engineering". That's all I get. How should I be able to come up with a meaningful project duration? What's the point of this question? You should an additional option for that pop-down: "Not enough info to guesstimate a duration"

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Mario,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll pass this along to the appropriate team for review.

~Andrea
Upwork

Meh. It doesn't matter. So don't overthink the project duration.

I have been hired for projects that were planned to cost maybe $100 and take an hour, but ended up paying out thousands of dollars and lasting for years.

You never know when a client will expand his goals for a project and want to pay you to do more.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Just pick a duration. Nothing in your bid is cast in stone. The goal is to prompt the client to respond, opening a conversation in which you obtain enough specifics to offer a meaningful quote re time and money, and the two of you vet each other.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths