🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Project completion response required
Page options
fatima_rizwana
Community Member

Project completion response required

Hi,

I have completed and submitted all the work of the project of my client within the project completion  duration (less than 1 month). I want to know, how much time will required to client to response/comment to my work (as per rules of Upwork). The work order  was placed to me 27th June, 2020.

Thanks

Rizwana F

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So many thanks for all the Community members to resolve my problem. My
client has sent an offer, hired me and paid for Milestone.1 with additional
Bonus
Thanks & Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

A response is NOT required.

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

When I do my work on Upwork, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY regardless of whether or not a client responds.

If I am working on an hourly contract, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY simply because I logged time.
If I am working on a fixed-price contract and the client does nothing, then I get paid AUTOMATICALLY 14 days after I click the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.

Thank you so much

Hi Rizwana,

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer, you were not hired for this job. In the future, please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I would recommend that you read up the freelancer resources we have compiled here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have completed the job of **Edited for Community Guidelines**. The project is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I am sending you the screenshot of
my proposal. I have worked on the proposal understanding that the order
has been placed. Please let me know, what to do now.
Thanks

re: "Please let me know, what to do now."

Next time, use Upwork properly so that you can get paid.

No contract = no payment

Please stop **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He has been continuously chatting since 27th
june till now. Today he demanded further details of his Project. I am
sending the screenshot of his message.
Thanks & Regards.

Rizwana F wrote:

Please stop **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He has been continuously chatting since 27th
june till now. Today he demanded further details of his Project. I am
sending the screenshot of his message.
Thanks & Regards.

Tell him he needs to send you an offer and hire you, and pay you for your prior work. Until this happens, no more work and send nothing! 

It is quite likely that the client took advantage of your inexperience and lack of knowledge how the platform works and how to use it safely to get paid. In that case, money lost, lesson learnt. 

Bonus
Thanks & Regards

Rizwana F wrote:
Bonus
Thanks & Regards

I'm glad to hear it. Sometimes clients are inexperienced too and don't know how it works....

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths