Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project completion time

Highlighted
Pinar A Member Since: May 28, 2017
1 of 4

Hi,

I'm very new to Upwork so I don't know if I'm missing something. There are two types of payment, fixed and hourly. The hourly payment usually specifies how much time the client wants the freelancer to spend, "less than 30 hours/week for a month" etc. Is there a certain place to look for fixed rate jobs? What happens if the client doesn't specify when they want the project to be finished? I already asked the client this, but they said the job description is very detailed and that I should read the posting. I did that several times, but can't see the deadline. I would really appreciate some help.

Pinar

Highlighted
Community Leader
AHS SHOHEL A Member Since: May 19, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Pinar,

Yes, you are right. For hourly jobs, certain hours are specified in the contract that you can work maximum during your week cycle. On the other hand, fixed-term jobs are offered as Milestone and for each milestone, there should be a deadline to complete the assigned job. If not mentioned so, you discuss with the client and fix it. 

Shohel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Pinar A Member Since: May 28, 2017
3 of 4

Thank you! Now I feel much better!

Pinar

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 4

Pinar, when you apply for a job whether hourly or fixed-rate, provided the client has given sufficient detail, you bid accordingly. If it is an hourly job you bid for the job with the rates you have in your profile. For a fixed-rate job you bid on the project and suggest milestones, if the job is lengthy.

If you want to stick to fixed-rate jobs, there is nothing to stop you bidding on an hourly job (sometimes clients confuse the two) with an explanation as to why you prefer this type of payment.