🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proofreading
Page options
ebb9f1d9
Community Member

Proofreading

How do I get job on upwork as a proofreader?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Asifa, you are not likely to get hired as a proofreader on Upwork, unless it is in your own language. Writing/ proofreading/editing are vastly oversubscribed categories, and clients can pick and choose at will from hundreds of qualified candidates.  

To become a proofreader in English, you would need to be a native English speaker and have at least some years of proofreading experience, before offering it as a freelancing skill. I think you need to revisit your profile and pay particular attention to educational and professional accuracy. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
colettelewis
Community Member

Asifa, you are not likely to get hired as a proofreader on Upwork, unless it is in your own language. Writing/ proofreading/editing are vastly oversubscribed categories, and clients can pick and choose at will from hundreds of qualified candidates.  

To become a proofreader in English, you would need to be a native English speaker and have at least some years of proofreading experience, before offering it as a freelancing skill. I think you need to revisit your profile and pay particular attention to educational and professional accuracy. 

Thanks for the solution. I'm working on my profile as I'm new to upwork so I'm trying to learn more and more 

You don't seem to understand that being able to write in perfect English is necessary in order to be hired as a proofreader in English. If you're not qualified, you won't succeed, no matter how much you work on your profile.

I am interested in proofreading job and I have experienced in this field if you have any work so you hire me I will never disappoint you.

Your post is full of errors. You are clearly not qualified to be offering proofreading services.

Hi nichola, I made some changes in my profile. Would you like to see it? Should I do more changes in my profile?

Asifa, the changes you made to your profile only reflect that you have taken content from the internet to suit your purposes. In order not to be scammed or to disappoint clients. I urge you to write a profile that is truthful and accurately conveys the skills that you know you can comfortably execute when you are hired. English proofreading is not something you should be offering.  

Hi Nichola

I haven't copy any stuff from Internet. I managed my profile by my previous works and experience. 

Hi nichola, I made some changes in my profile. Would you like to see it? Should I do more changes in my profile?

bf5db368
Community Member

Check grammar and spellings mistakes 

Rafaat
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths