🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal Acceptance Timeline
Page options
hermankruger
Community Member

Proposal Acceptance Timeline

I'm new to Upwork and have just submitted a few proposals. I was wondering how long does it normally take for a proposal to be accepted or declined once it has been submitted?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, there is no specific time. Some clients read their proposals right then and might hire in a few hours after posting it, some take time to decide, taking a few interviews before deciding and might get back to you in a week or more if they are interested in you. Normaly you bid on the job you like and move on.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
kbc501
Community Member

I suspect I've wasted a few of my tokens on non-responsive clients who cancelled their work orders without ever responding. Normally, though, I get something in my inbox the same day telling me when a client cancels a job. 

As for getting clients to accept you, though, that's a bit different, as it really depends on your profile and Upwork reputation, but probably more your portfolio and profile than your client rep. 

Thanks for the reply. I think I should have rephrased the question: is there a specific time frame for proposals to be active before they are either accepted or declined? I want to know how long I need to wait on a submitted proposal before "giving up hope" on it (taking it out of my work flow).

No, there is no specific time. Some clients read their proposals right then and might hire in a few hours after posting it, some take time to decide, taking a few interviews before deciding and might get back to you in a week or more if they are interested in you. Normaly you bid on the job you like and move on.

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted to know. thanks so much SRS!

14 days have passed and no change in my proposal.

Screenshot_20230304_203308_Upwork Talent.jpg

Hi Ayon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you're referring to your proposals moving from Submitted Proposals to Active Proposals, that only happens when clients respond to your proposal.

We highly suggest that you continue submitting proposals to increase your chances of landing an interview and not just wait for one proposal to get a response.

~ AJ
Upwork

@Herman K wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I think I should have rephrased the question: is there a specific time frame for proposals to be active before they are either accepted or declined? I want to know how long I need to wait on a submitted proposal before "giving up hope" on it (taking it out of my work flow).

Never put anything in your work flow that you have not been assigned to, that's just a waste of your time and energy. The best strategy is to send a proposal and forget about it, never check back how many people they interview, if they hired someone, etc. 

Thanks Martina, I will take that advice whole heartedly. Don't ponder on the past, hey!

Hi Martina,am new to upwork.am kindly asking for your help.thank you in advance.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Herman K wrote:

I'm new to Upwork and have just submitted a few proposals. I was wondering how long does it normally take for a proposal to be accepted or declined once it has been submitted?

There is just no normal, every client is different. Also, some clients never hire anybody, those jobs are closed by upwork after 30 days of inactivity. 

Btw, the platform is called upwork, not upworthy. Interesting mistake 😉

Haha! Ouch! Thanks, not sure how that happened!

@Herman K wrote:

Haha! Ouch! Thanks, not sure how that happened!

A psychiatrist could answer that for you in 10 easy sessions....

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths