🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal Follow Up
Page options
6ae4f024
Community Member

Proposal Follow Up

Hi, I am new to Upwork.

I have sent out 2 proposals thus far.

I have a few questions that it would be great to hear from you on.

1. How do you know the job poster saw and opened your proposal?

2. How can you follow up with them to see the status of it.? Create a dialogue

3. How can you send them more information should you want to.?

I have to admit, I like the program yet it is vague when it comes to this part

of it. 

This will help a lot regarding this.

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

1. You don‘t.... Send your proposal, and forget about it unless a client contacts you.

2. You can’t. Same as 1.

3. You can‘t. Make sure everything is included in the original proposal, as the only way to add or edit is to withdraw and apply again, blowing another 2 Connects on something that might never be seen.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

1. You don‘t.... Send your proposal, and forget about it unless a client contacts you.

2. You can’t. Same as 1.

3. You can‘t. Make sure everything is included in the original proposal, as the only way to add or edit is to withdraw and apply again, blowing another 2 Connects on something that might never be seen.

rajatdau
Community Member

Should we take follow up if client invites you and then inquire but do not respond after that?

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.
lexi3
Community Member

It would be a great value added function if Upwork could build in a "follow up" function, at least a one time follow up function for freelancers and clients. 

Alexandria W wrote:

It would be a great value added function if Upwork could build in a "follow up" function, at least a one time follow up function for freelancers and clients. 

No it wouldn't be. Once the client has your proposal, he can contact you anytime he wants to. Upwork doesn't want clients to be swamped and overwhelmed by messages from freelancers. If there's something you want to add to your proposal, you can withdraw it and send a new one, but it's obviously recommended to do it right the first time. 

so Upwork doesn't care about the freelancers it serves?  Seems to be that there should be a follow up option, or some notification of when the client receives, views, and accepts or rejects your proposal.  Not right to leave freelancers hanging in the wind forever.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths