🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Proposal Format for web development
Page options
the-best-tech
Community Member

Proposal Format for web development

Hi, hope you all are fine.

I need to know a good way to submit a proposal for web development. I have submitted some proposals for a web development job but still couldn't get any response by a single client too. Kindly see my profile and please mention the problems my profile might have that client doesn't responses me.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
mystudiomke
Community Member

What are you saying in your proposals?

Lila

Like this is one of my proposal;

Hi Brionna, hope you are doing well! I saw you need some customization of a website for the mobile view, I will do it for you quickly dear, look at my previous works

bluezi.com

Konstantrunner.com

I am a UI designer with 2+ years of experience with it, and I prefer to maintain good relationships with my client since they are my first priority. Looking to talk with you in the chat session. Hope you gonna consider me!

Thanks

Regards

Nida Rafique

Please tell me issues in this

Don't call people "dear." It's condescending in a professinal environment especially for women. Women with money and power will want to reach through the screen and smack you upside your head.

yitwail
Community Member

Nida, your profile should have a portfolio of sites you worked on, and it probably wouldn’t hurt to take one or 2 Upwork tests related to web development. Also, since you majored in Computer Science, you probably know some programming languages, so you might consider adding some to your skills section.

Okay John, I would take tests... what's about the proposal format? Is it fine? And plz can anyone of you help me how to get the rising talent badge?

I need to know a good way to submit a proposal for a web development job. I have submitted many proposals for a web development job but still couldn't get any response from a single client too. Kindly see my profile and please mention the problems my profile might have that client doesn't responses me.

Thanks

muhammadali0101_0-1639428260348.png

Muhammad A wrote:

I need to know a good way to submit a proposal for a web development job. I have submitted many proposals for a web development job but still couldn't get any response from a single client too. Kindly see my profile and please mention the problems my profile might have that client doesn't responses me.

Thanks

muhammadali0101_0-1639428260348.png

I hope someone else will comment to you, I'm just telling you that you should delete the greeting. What "hiring manager"? You are talking to a prospective client.
You are talking about your agency, this is a freelancer profile, right?

You must talk about yourself.
Also, offering free work? That is a no, no.

Okay, I would take care of that next, what's about the rest of my proposal? Is it fine?

You should not have a proposal.

I have an extremely high hire rate based on my submissions. Because I do not have "a proposal."

For each job, I type every word from scratch. All new. Never about me. Only about the client and her project.

You are telling clients about yourself. That is not what they care about.

Hi Preston, I write every proposal from scratch for every job, I do not copy & paste. Well, Kindly guide me about what to write in a proposal for getting the job.

Thanks

Nida, to qualify for Rising Talent, your profile has to be 100% complete, and your profile completeness will increase by 10% by adding a portfolio item, as I suggested earlier.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063188-Create-a-100-Complete-Freelancer-Profile

Sir, If you don't mind plz give me a example. Like if i want a responsive website with two pages using html and CSS etc.

317ceeb3
Community Member

Please I didn't receive any job by sending proposal

Nida R wrote:

Like this is one of my proposal;

Hi Brionna, hope you are doing well! I saw you need some customization of a website for the mobile view, I will do it for you quickly dear, I estimate it will take me 2 hours. look at my previous works

bluezi.com

Konstantrunner.com

I am a UI designer with 2+ years of experience with it, please see my portfolio, I performed a very similar task for client X.  and I prefer to maintain good relationships with my client since they are my first priority. Looking to talk with you in the chat session. Hope you gonna consider me!

I look forward to discussing your project, could you tell me more about it?

Thanks

Regards

Nida Rafique

Please tell me issues in this

It is very unstructured. Keep it short, structured, focused on the client, and free of fluff. 

Thanks

geonuel
Community Member

My name is Emmanuel, I'm a newbie to UPWORK. I want to believe you've resolved this issue by now.

well, I was hoping you could also share with me how you resolved the issue of your proposal. 

Thanks

rgvinfo51
Community Member

Try to make proposal in short and according to his job decription read and ask him some of relative question , hope this will help to get project !!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths