🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal Question
Page options
kieran_beckford
Community Member

Proposal Question

A job that I submitted a proposal for has "less than 5 proposals" and the client has sent " 6 invites" how does that work? I feel like this means everyone sho submitted a proposal should have gotten an invite. Am I correct in assuming this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kieran B wrote:

It says interviewing one. So clients can have an open to the public job posting and invite people to interview that havent sent a proposal?

Correct!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Kieran B wrote:

A job that I submitted a proposal for has "less than 5 proposals" and the client has sent " 6 invites" how does that work? I feel like this means everyone sho submitted a proposal should have gotten an invite. Am I correct in assuming this?

Nope.  It means fewer than 5 freelancers submitted a proposal.  Separately, the client sent 6 invites to different freelancers.  How do I know this?  Because if anyone who received an invitation accepted, it would have read "Interviewing: 1" (or 2, 3, 4, etc.).  I assume Interviewing: 0?

It says interviewing one. So clients can have an open to the public job posting and invite people to interview that havent sent a proposal?

Kieran B wrote:

Correct!

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths