🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal Responses
Page options
kristinakonrad
Community Member

Proposal Responses

Hi I'm a new freelancer on Upwork.  Do you get notified when someone rejects your proposal?  Also how do you earn more connections?

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

If they outright reject it yes, but this doesn't happen very often IME. 

You have to buy more connects when you spend the initial 20.

Thanks for your response.  Will you be notified if they choose someone else?  Basically I'm curious if there's a way to know you're not getting that job?

Kristina K wrote:

Thanks for your response.  Will you be notified if they choose someone else?  Basically I'm curious if there's a way to know you're not getting that job?

Clients don't have to notify you.  If you had some communcation via the messaging tool, phone, skype, etc. they may let you know but are not obligated to do so.  

It's not worth your time to keep checking.  Once you submit, move on.  If they reach out great.  If not, keep it moving.  

Kristina K wrote:

No, you only get any kind of notification if they reject your bid or contact you after you bid to discuss things further.

re: "Will you be notified if they choose someone else?"

Usually not.

Occasionally the client clicks buttons that cause you to be notified, and occasionally you receive a reason. But those reasons mainly come from radio buttons. You may receive a real reason. Or you may receive a reason that a client clicked randomly. Or a "polite" reason from a client who wants to spare feelings.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths