🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal accepted then denied
Page options
danil-petrov
Community Member

Proposal accepted then denied

A client has accepted my proposal and messaged me with the details of the work. A few minutes later this client told me that he/she already found another freelancer to do this job and that now I don't need to do it. Is this okay? Will I get connects back? And what do I do now with this active candidacy? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joansands
Community Member

Of course, it's OK. The client hired someone else and you won't get your connects returned. You don't have a job unless you have a contract.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joansands
Community Member

Of course, it's OK. The client hired someone else and you won't get your connects returned. You don't have a job unless you have a contract.

Got it. Thank you! I just haven't completely understood how the whole system works

The system is not that difficult. You make a proposal. If the client wants to hire you, he sends you a contract which you can then accept if you want to do the work.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Danil P wrote:

A client has accepted my proposal and messaged me with the details of the work. A few minutes later this client told me that he/she already found another freelancer to do this job and that now I don't need to do it. Is this okay? Will I get connects back? And what do I do now with this active candidacy? 

Technically, an "acceptance of your proposal" does not exist as an action on upwork. He read your proposal and started messaging with you, is all that happened. Only if he sends you an offer, and you accept that offer, a contract has been created between 2 parties which is an action that has consequences. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths