🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal and Connects
Page options
mraeileen
Community Member

Proposal and Connects

Hi! I'm new to upwork and still learning and getting the hang of it.

It is quiet confusing of the status of your job application to every job post also the connects given.

I already submitted 2 proposals for the past few days, and checking that status under the "My Proposals". After 1 or 2 days, my 2 submitted proposals was already removed or not reflected but still, I have no idea what happened or the status of my job application.

for the connects, upon reading the terms I learned that if I was not accepted for a job offer, the required connects of the job posts will be credit back to your profile for another use.

Anyone who can help me for clarification, please.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

If jobs are closed or the client has hired someone, your proposals go to an archived folder. There are no "status" updates. You'll either hear from an interested client or not. Clients are not obligated to respond to all bids, nor are all jobs posts awarded.

I'm not sure where you "learned" otherwise, but the only time connects are returned is when a job is cancelled by the client or Upwork.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mtngigi
Community Member

If jobs are closed or the client has hired someone, your proposals go to an archived folder. There are no "status" updates. You'll either hear from an interested client or not. Clients are not obligated to respond to all bids, nor are all jobs posts awarded.

I'm not sure where you "learned" otherwise, but the only time connects are returned is when a job is cancelled by the client or Upwork.

Hi Ms. Virginia, noted on this. Thank you so much for the clarification it helps a lot.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths