🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal denied because of Fraud
Page options
enigcreator
Community Member

Proposal denied because of Fraud

Hi. This is Hamza. I am quite new to UpWork. I have been a software developer for the last couple of years but I just recently joined UpWork. While sending a few proposals, I got a reply from a client who then asked me to show my previous work in Laravel (a PHP framework). 
Now, I had develoepd an app, that uses Official Spotify APIs to log into spotify and get user's playlists so people can share their playlists with their friends, comment and chat about it on this particular websites. The login process is simple, a user is required to login, but he's redirected to Spotify which means that we DO NOT store any client credentials in our database. 
Well, I provided the live link to this webiste. He tried to login, though it was some kinda scam, I was trying to get his Spotify credentials and rejected my proposal for fraud with an additional message that it looked like I wanted to get his credentials. 

Now, my profile is like brand new. Not a single job done. It was really hard to get it approved, it took a lot of time. I am afraid this is gonna block my profile? right? Can someone advise me what to do in this mess? I can still chat with the client by the way.

P.S I don't if it's allowed or not, but if required I could show both, the chat with the client and the link to the website here.

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

They use their Spotify credentials on your site? uhhhhhh, please tell me that's not what I'm reading. 

No! They use their credentials to login the Spotify itself (they are
redirected from my website to the original Spotify one), Spotify then asks
the user logging in to allow my website to access their playlists, favorite
songs and favorite artists.

And by the wasy, this is the official way as described here:

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization-guide/

So, by following the methods provided by the Spotify itself, I dont think I did anything unethical or illegal.

oh ok, that makes sense.

Then yeah. Ignore him.

Pheeew....alright then. I was just concerned if such type of stuff could block my account.

Thanks so much btw 😁
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths