🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Proposal, how it works?
Page options
juanbernabe
Community Member

Proposal, how it works?

It's not a complain, I just want to know how it works.I've submitted a proposal to a job. After a few minutes someone else was hired. That's ok, of course. But then I saw that the client last connection was 5 hours ago. That means that I submitted a proposal after he hired another freelancer?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:
It's not a complain, I just want to know how it works.I've submitted a proposal to a job. After a few minutes someone else was hired. That's ok, of course. But then I saw that the client last connection was 5 hours ago. That means that I submitted a proposal after he hired another freelancer?

It is possible. Clients often leave job posts open.

I would also not necessarily trust the "last looked at" time. It may or may not be accurate, and the client might have hired the freelancer without actually opening the job post todo so.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:

It is possible. Clients often leave job posts open.

I would also not necessarily trust the "last looked at" time. It may or may not be accurate, and the client might have hired the freelancer without actually opening the job post todo so.

So I probably lost my connections because the client didn't close the job on time?

Juan B wrote:
So I probably lost my connections because the client didn't close the job on time?

Possibly, but you can also check if the job post shows any hires.

Juan B wrote:

No, because you didn't check if he hired somebody before you sent it. 

Possible, but not likely, is that the client needs to hire more than 1 freelancer. 

I believe it wasn't none of these cases. Maybe I'm wrong. But thank you all, I get an idea of how it works.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths