🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Proposal limits on "Plus" membership
Page options
kussova
Community Member

Proposal limits on "Plus" membership

Hello everyone!

I am new to upwork, just got "Rising Talent" and want to start actively send the proposals. I was considering actually to buy "Plus" membership, so I would have more connects. But then I have been told that upwork can suspend my account if too many proposals sent, without landing job. I don't understand the logic of "Plus" membership in this case. I mean I receive large number of connects to bid, but can not use them, in a risk of account suspension? I did my research on forum, and I can see many posts here on this matter. But did not see what happens if freelancer have a "Plus" membership.

So, could you please clarify how to act for new member here?

What are the limits for free and "Plus" membership? Or both has same limit? 5 per week? 5 per month?

4 REPLIES 4
arjunagroupdotin
Community Member

This is a big headache.  when you don't win jobs you are suspended.  if apply more you get suspended.  i suggest upgrade the membersip, best preferences given to paid users and not free.

20% commission is good for programming but not paid services like email servers / sms servers.  

Thank you.

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Aigul,

By default, you will automatically be enrolled in our free Freelancer Basic plan. Please see screenshot for plan comparison. 

membership plans.jpg

Because we understand that both freelancers and clients are vital to Upwork, we do not favor one over the other. In this case, a freelancer’s account is suspended if we notice they have submitted proposals for many jobs on our site, but have won very few contracts. Typically, this means (1) the opportunities on Upwork are not a good match for the freelancer’s skillset, or (2) they are violating our Terms of Service. Know that we have separate systems in place to make sure clients are not violating our Terms of Service and will also suspend client accounts as needed.

Also, take a look at this help article for details on what is considered inappropriate behavior. 
Let me know if you need further assistance.  

~ Riri

Hello Riri!

thank you for your kind help. Could you be more specific, in a numbers. For example I apply 10 proposal per month and win 2 projects. Or I take a "Plus" membership and use all of available connects and got 2 contract. Is this case when account will be suspended?

The competition is so hard for newbie. Need a guidance in this "proposal limits" thing

Hi Aigul,

In order to prevent anyone from unfairly bypassing our guidelines, we cannot release the specific numbers. Be assured we do not take action based on isolated incidents of unsuccessful proposals. Only in the unusual case we find a freelancer has been repeatedly submitting many proposals but not winning jobs (or winning few), we take action. Let me know if you need further guidance. 

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths