cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal messages and work being provided

Highlighted
Natalie C Member Since: Feb 20, 2017
1 of 6

Hi, I am an experienced freelancer but new to using UpWork, So this is my first prospective client. I have been messaging my client and providing them with designs, back and forth (within the message section), we agreed they would pay for each design I provide, that they decide on. I wanted to log my hours worked (more than 15) for reference, and to show I am working for a client through upwork, but it show's I have no jobs? I am not sure if the client needs to 'accept' me....? They have asked me to continue..  If I am to continue providing them designs, how do i log it all (including my hours) through here to show that I am a relable and efficient Freelancer? Please can you tell me what to do in this situation. Thank you.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 6

Natalie, providing a client with designs before you have a contract with said client is a violation of Upwork Terms of Service. Do no further work for this client, and ask for a contract offer. If the client refuses, report him to Upwork support. I hope for your sake you get some compensation out of this, but as things now stand, that's entirely up to the client's goodwill.

3 of 6

Thank you for your kind advice, I thought i was going about it in the correct manner, I provided them samples of designs, (in low resolution so they werent able to use them) to come up with an agreement on one design to be confirmed and then paid for, and maybe future designs. Today they confirmed they want me to work for them, so I decided to ask the question...  I will message them now, i really do appreciate your kind advice. I did do my research into how Up Work runs, but obviously i was not thorough enough. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Has the client HIRED you, and does the contract show on your My Jobs page?

Natalie C Member Since: Feb 20, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

No it doesnt show on my contract page, i am new to using this so i am unsure of how to approach it? I have told my client that i will provide them with designs but i need compensation for the one they chose so far,  i really hope they arent taking me for a ride. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 6

@Natalie C wrote:

Hi, I am an experienced freelancer but new to using UpWork, So this is my first prospective client. I have been messaging my client and providing them with designs, back and forth (within the message section), we agreed they would pay for each design I provide, that they decide on. I wanted to log my hours worked (more than 15) for reference, and to show I am working for a client through upwork, but it show's I have no jobs? I am not sure if the client needs to 'accept' me....? They have asked me to continue..  If I am to continue providing them designs, how do i log it all (including my hours) through here to show that I am a relable and efficient Freelancer? Please can you tell me what to do in this situation. Thank you.

This means that you have not been offered a job officially through Upwork. Why are you sending work before being hired and working out the contract details with the "client"?

Natalie, do yourself a favor and learn how the site works before bidding on any more jobs. And STOP sending work to this "client". They have not hired you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS