🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Proposal seems to be gone
Page options
ginny_somers
Community Member

Proposal seems to be gone

Is it possible for a client to delete my proposal? I submitted a proposal for a project that showed 13 applicants, and mine was the highest price. A few days later it nows shows only 5 applicants and 5 interviews, and the high bid is not what I bid. Is it possible the cilent deleted proposals they aren't interested in? I've never seen this happen before. 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ginny S wrote:

Is it possible for a client to delete my proposal? I submitted a proposal for a project that showed 13 applicants, and mine was the highest price. A few days later it nows shows only 5 applicants and 5 interviews, and the high bid is not what I bid. Is it possible the cilent deleted proposals they aren't interested in? I've never seen this happen before. 

Clients certainly can either decline or archive proposals they are not interested in, yes! Otherwise it would be horribly difficult to keep track!

colettelewis
Community Member

Ginny S wrote:

If memory serves, when a client refuses your bid (as we can refuse an offer), it will be automatically archived, and it won't show up on your job-feed page. Have a look in your archived jobs, you may see it there. 

Oops - sorry Petra - posts crossed. 

Nichola L wrote:

Ginny S wrote:

If memory serves, when a client refuses your bid (as we can refuse an offer), it will be automatically archived, and it won't show up on your job-feed page. Have a look in your archived jobs, you may see it there. 

Oops - sorry Petra - posts crossed. 

Actually, you clarified rather than "crossposted"

When a client - on his side - declines your proposal, it moves onto the "archived proposals" list on the freelancer's side.

When a client - on his side - archives your proposal, it  stays on the normal submitted propsals list on the freelancer's side.

Either way they no longer count among the number of proposals and the big / rate no longer shows on the low/ average / lowest bid either.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths