🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal
Page options
freshdesign5125
Community Member

Proposal

Where do I found the proposal? I wrote a cover letter, went to write a proposal and it sent the cover letter as the proposal.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Sheila,

You can check all the proposals you have submitted by going to Find Work? Proposals. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
richard_wein
Community Member

Hi Sheila. The proposal consists of just your bid (fixed price or hourly rate), your cover letter and, if the client has asked any supplementary questions,  your answers to those questions. So the cover letter is the place for your main text. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sheila F wrote:

Where do I found the proposal? I wrote a cover letter, went to write a proposal and it sent the cover letter as the proposal.

You mean you attached a seperate file to the proposal? Don't do that, you want to make it as easy as possible for a potential client to read your proposal. Consider that the first 2 lines are the most important, because they will entice the client to click on it or move on. 

Some unsolicited advice re your profile: It would be better to word it in the first person, the third person format is inpersonal and will not make the instant connection to the client that you are looking for. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths