Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposals - I didn't get any answer

Highlighted
Zivadin D Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
1 of 6

Hi,

I a new one on the upwork, and I have send 10 proposals. I am an electrical engineer.  I didn't get any answer from the client, and I don't know what are the further steps.  In every proposal I have a cover letter, but I didn't get any message from the client as a feedback. 

I need an advices for my next steps.

Thanks a lot

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Zivadin,

Don't give up just yet. It takes some time and perseverance to get that first job. You may also work on your profile more and add more information about your experience, past employment and skills. You can also add a few portfolio items and take a few tests to showcase your skills. 

Check out this post for more tips for getting started and useful links.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mitiy G Member Since: Dec 21, 2016
3 of 6

Hi, Valeria.

Can you say, how long it usually takes to the first job, according to statistics?

I am here for the second month and nothing happened.

Thx.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Mitiy,

Unfortunately we don't have that statistic but you can find posts from new users who have won their job within a day after joining Upwork. Keep building your profile and review your bidding strategy if you haven't succeed in getting hired thus far.

Highlighted
Ryo S Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
5 of 6

only 10 proposals and you feel desperate?
Let me see my status...
Uh oh,...117 poposals sent, 12 - 15 clients answer but only get 9 jobs.
And i get 8 invitations to interview, only one that make it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vince D Member Since: Feb 18, 2016
6 of 6

Unfortunately Upwork isn't a magic job site. It can take time to get jobs and build a reputation. A lot also depends on the number of proposals that  a client gets and your competition. Just keep on trying and you should eventually become established here on Upwork.

Best of Luck,

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
Buckaroo Banzai