🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposals are really submitted to Clients??? ...
Page options
dhanamtech
Community Member

Proposals are really submitted to Clients??? - I don't think Its Happening - Reg.

I am a freelancer who joined upwork recently. It is great working with upwork.
Also I am trying hard to make my proposals successful. 

I have a doubt that all my proposals will reach the respected client. Dont mistake me. I am just purchasing connections and submitting proposals, you know in Covid period it's harder than you think.  But after submitting the proposal or after 1 day submitting proposals ... I am seeing that,  in the client job posting " Interviewing: **, Invites Sent: ** and Unanswered Invites: 0 ; 

so, I am not getting any responses like Proposal rejected or anything. while seeing unanswered Invites also "0". I dont know what to think.

give me some advice!!!

3 REPLIES 3
naveedahmad15
Community Member

Hi Sasidharan M,

greetings, I can feel your pain. when i was new on Upwork I faced some situations so that's why I am advising you to be consistent. You have to check your proposal wording which should be matched according to client requirements. You should submit a proposal with some sample work. You should submit a proposal on recently posted jobs.

Thanks for the reply!!!.

I think I am doing the same.I hope I can get a project soon.

Thank,
Sasidharan M

In the FAQs the freelancers are encouraged to communicate and put your best talents forward.  The clients are not held to any standard of communication or feedback.  They can just ignore all submissions while phishing for a talent pool of gullible newbies.  They should be held to the same standards as the freelancers like responding to all proposal submissions just like the real world talent recruiters.  In many real world face to face job interviews I have been told I was over qualified and would not be considered for placement.  I have also been told that I could do the job of the interviewing person so would not be considered for employment.  This is frustrating being a highly skilled professional with many years of experience yet can not be hired because you know too much.  I have learned to dumb down my qualifications to only fit the minimum job requirements so the client does not feel threatened.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths