cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposals are submitted, but updates unknown !!

ffc35874
Chetan A Member Since: Feb 4, 2021
1 of 3

Hey There!!

It’s great to be on Upwork.

I was wondering if there is any way we could ever get to know the actual status of our proposals, which we send in response to the jobs posted. There are proposals as old as 15 days, but there is no single update on that.

Is it really so??

I was hoping, there has to be some end date of the proposal. It must expire at the end though. And, at least there should be some kind of Analytics to be sent by Upwork, informing us on the actual progress - like, if it was read or what. like, if the client chose other freelancer...and so on.

Hope others also feel the same way, and hope someone would respond back to me.

Regards
Chetan A.

Chetan Agrawal
Email Marketing Services
Dezyne Plus India
Location Time Zone : IST (GMT+5:30)
Phone & WhatsApp : +91-9212103430
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chetanagrawal
kam_andru
Community Leader
Kamarudheen A Member Since: Jan 16, 2021
2 of 3

Hi,

In my case what I do is, open each job once a week, and scroll down to see if the client has hired someone or not, if hired, I will cancel the proposal, and leave the rest as it is, because, even the proposals are weeks older still there are chances for me to get contracted for the job once client see my proposal as I'm well written each proposal, so I keep applying for new jobs that suit for me.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 3

Chetan A wrote:

Hey There!!

It’s great to be on Upwork.

I was wondering if there is any way we could ever get to know the actual status of our proposals, which we send in response to the jobs posted. There are proposals as old as 15 days, but there is no single update on that.

Is it really so??

I was hoping, there has to be some end date of the proposal. It must expire at the end though. And, at least there should be some kind of Analytics to be sent by Upwork, informing us on the actual progress - like, if it was read or what. like, if the client chose other freelancer...and so on.

Hope others also feel the same way, and hope someone would respond back to me.

Regards
Chetan A.

Jobs expire after 30 days of inactivity. And no, I don't want to receive updates. When I write a proposal, I forget about it until I receive a reply from the client. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS