🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposals not viewed and no response
Page options
e1a9054f
Community Member

Proposals not viewed and no response

Dear Seniors,

Please help me. l consider myself a newbie on upwork, I have submitted 9 proposals in the last 5-6 weeks but none of them viewed yet by the clients. What could be the reson for this problem and what is the solution?

Please reply to me at your earliest.

Many Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
46eef81e
Community Member

Dear Amir,

Firstly, don't be discouraged by the lack of views on your proposals. It can take time and persistence to get your foot in the door on Upwork. Here are some potential reasons why your proposals haven't been viewed yet:

1. Your profile may not be optimized: Make sure your profile is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. Use a professional profile picture and write a clear and concise summary of your skills and experience.

2. Your proposals may not be tailored: Clients receive many proposals, so it's important to make yours stand out by customizing it to their specific needs. Make sure you're thoroughly reading and understanding the job posting before submitting a proposal, and tailor your response accordingly.

3. You may not be bidding on the right projects: Make sure you're only bidding on projects that are a good fit for your skills and experience. Don't waste your time or the client's time by submitting proposals for jobs that you're not qualified for.

4. You may not be competitive enough: Clients are often looking for the best value for their money, so make sure your pricing is competitive. If you're just starting out on Upwork, consider lowering your rates temporarily to build up your reputation and get some good reviews.

To improve your chances of getting your proposals viewed and accepted, try the following:

1. Continue to refine your profile: Take some time to review your profile and make sure it accurately represents your skills and experience.

2. Take the time to tailor your proposals: Spend time carefully reading and understanding each job posting before submitting a proposal. Customize your response to show the client that you're the best fit for their needs.

3. Bid on projects that are a good fit for you: Don't waste your time (or the client's time) bidding on projects that you're not qualified for. Focus on the projects that are a good fit for your skills and experience.

4. Be patient and persistent: Don't give up if you don't get any responses right away. Keep submitting proposals and refining your approach, and you'll eventually start to get some traction.

Good luck, and keep at it!

Sincerely,

Subhasish Dutta

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
46eef81e
Community Member

Dear Amir,

Firstly, don't be discouraged by the lack of views on your proposals. It can take time and persistence to get your foot in the door on Upwork. Here are some potential reasons why your proposals haven't been viewed yet:

1. Your profile may not be optimized: Make sure your profile is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. Use a professional profile picture and write a clear and concise summary of your skills and experience.

2. Your proposals may not be tailored: Clients receive many proposals, so it's important to make yours stand out by customizing it to their specific needs. Make sure you're thoroughly reading and understanding the job posting before submitting a proposal, and tailor your response accordingly.

3. You may not be bidding on the right projects: Make sure you're only bidding on projects that are a good fit for your skills and experience. Don't waste your time or the client's time by submitting proposals for jobs that you're not qualified for.

4. You may not be competitive enough: Clients are often looking for the best value for their money, so make sure your pricing is competitive. If you're just starting out on Upwork, consider lowering your rates temporarily to build up your reputation and get some good reviews.

To improve your chances of getting your proposals viewed and accepted, try the following:

1. Continue to refine your profile: Take some time to review your profile and make sure it accurately represents your skills and experience.

2. Take the time to tailor your proposals: Spend time carefully reading and understanding each job posting before submitting a proposal. Customize your response to show the client that you're the best fit for their needs.

3. Bid on projects that are a good fit for you: Don't waste your time (or the client's time) bidding on projects that you're not qualified for. Focus on the projects that are a good fit for your skills and experience.

4. Be patient and persistent: Don't give up if you don't get any responses right away. Keep submitting proposals and refining your approach, and you'll eventually start to get some traction.

Good luck, and keep at it!

Sincerely,

Subhasish Dutta

Dear Mr. Subhasish,

Good evening.

First of all thank you for your detailed and helpful explanation. 

For your information I am an expereinced professional but somewhat new to this platform.  Your all explanations are valid but still it is not clear to me that without viewing my profile by the clients how come clients know whether I meet thier requirements or not?    

Anyway I have decided that I should explore and understand this application well and then use it. I thought that a good generic profile and a job based cover letter would be good enough for submitting different proposals but now thinking that one profile would not be enough. 

Thanks again.

"without viewing my profile by the clients how come clients know whether I meet thier requirements or not?“ -- That's true.  Who explains it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths