🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Proposals
Page options
carola-bizdev
Community Member

Proposals

Just wondering if there is any way to follow up on proposals I have sent.  Since we cannot tell if our proposal has been viewed and the job is still open.....would love to do some follow up I consider normal to a serious proposal.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yep, happens all the time. Recently I got hired on a contract and the job is still open ( I assume the client forgot to close it). However, when you click again on the original job post it will tell you if a person was hired and under 'jobs in progress' who was hired.

Lila

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mystudiomke
Community Member

You can somewhat check the status of a proposal. When you go back to submitted proposals, click on the specific one under about client>history it will tell you how many applicants, how many interviews, how many jobs posted and how many jobs open. Additionally, if you click on "go to the original job post" then underneath "activity on this job" you can see how many invites the client sent. If you didn't get a response and client is already interviewing others, it's most likely that they archived your proposal.

Secondly, if the client did reply to your proposal and you guys had a conversation but there was no reply after a few days, you can follow up then. If no response from a client you cannot follow up with that proposal.

Lila

OK, Thanks.

One more question.  I may have been archived, but is it possible there are jobs still open where the client has hired but not closed the job posting?  

Yep, happens all the time. Recently I got hired on a contract and the job is still open ( I assume the client forgot to close it). However, when you click again on the original job post it will tell you if a person was hired and under 'jobs in progress' who was hired.

Lila

Very sorry...your answer was very helpful....but then I ended up with a new problem...

Maybe you can help with my new inquiry.  

I understand my original answer.

Thanks!

Thank you for this explanation. I was wondering about what to do about proposals that I had submitted. Does it matter if we were invited to submit one, or if we just searched for openings?

Jennifer R wrote:

Thank you for this explanation. I was wondering about what to do about proposals that I had submitted. Does it matter if we were invited to submit one, or if we just searched for openings?

The difference being that the client actively searched for freelancers when you receive an invitation, while others just wait for proposals to come in. I guess it's a matter of preference, or how much time the client has. The nice thing, you don't need connects when getting invited.

Otherwise I find I do better when I apply to the jobs that seem a good fit for me than counting on interviews in any way, shape or form. 

I was wondering what happens to the connects we spent on those proposals? If we withdraw our proposal from those that seemed inactive, do we got our connects back?

re: "If we withdraw our proposal from those that seemed inactive, do we got our connects back?"

No.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cherie, 

To confirm Preston's answer, if a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths