🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Pros and Cons of Freelancer Plus Plan
Page options
mariellemanahan
Community Member

Pros and Cons of Freelancer Plus Plan

Hello everyone!  I'd like to ask the best advice for a new freelancer like me.  I would really like to get established here on Upwork, so would it be best to purchase connects as I need them or should I subscribe to the Freelancer Plus plan?  What are the pros and cons of that, apart from the obvious which is the plus plan entails more expense?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Most Upwork regulars think that the benefits of Upwork Plus are hardly useful (if at all) and not worth the extra cost. For example, the "insight into competitor bid range on jobs" just shows you the minimum,  maximum and average bid amounts. 

But as long as you're using up all the connects, it doesn't cost much extra,  so you could give it a try for a month. It can be more expensive for established freelancers, who may not need 70 connects per month. (I've used less than 100 connects in the last year.)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marielle,

There are several perks to the Plus plan:

• Be discoverable by keeping your profile active, even if you take a break
  • Be competitive with insight into competitor bid range on jobs
  • Engage and apply with 70 Connects per month
  • Stand out with a customized profile URL
  • Keep your earnings confidential

You can learn more here.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Appreciate those details.  I was wondering, though, what Upwork users would actually recommend based on their experience, whether they would purchase connects as they need them or subscribe to the Freelancer Plus plan.

I tried it for a month but didn't see any benefit.  In all fairness, though, I rarely use connects and the range of proposals wasn't very helpful in my field.

I also tried it for a month.

Pros:

• Uhm..

Cons:

• It's not free

(Other people might find it more beneficial)

Yes, definitely, the cost is a big factor, especially if it doesn’t even increase my chances of getting noticed by clients.

Thanks for your insight. I’m hoping I could get established enough to not need as much connects. Right now, though, it seems that I need the 70 connects just to get a project since most clients wouldn’t hire someone new to upwork like me.

Thanks for the advice.

Most Upwork regulars think that the benefits of Upwork Plus are hardly useful (if at all) and not worth the extra cost. For example, the "insight into competitor bid range on jobs" just shows you the minimum,  maximum and average bid amounts. 

But as long as you're using up all the connects, it doesn't cost much extra,  so you could give it a try for a month. It can be more expensive for established freelancers, who may not need 70 connects per month. (I've used less than 100 connects in the last year.)

Thank you. I may as well try it for a month since I’m far from established in Upwork and will use up all 70 connects anyway. At least I’m not tied to it for more than a month. Appreciate it, Richard.

Hi,

Just a follow up question on this. Would the client access the historical fee of a freelancer on Upwork Plus Plan? Specifically, would the client know how much the freelancer has been chrging to previous clients? 

Thanks,

Dame

moses-oyedepo
Community Member

I think the plus plan is useful in its own way. Although, not everyone will like to take it

6b0b3527
Community Member

I think you buy more connections and apply for new jobs.

Best Regards

Abdul Gaffar

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths