🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Public Feedback regarding Client
Page options
burke_jim
Community Member

Public Feedback regarding Client

My first contract was closed, and now I have the opportunity to rate the client and share my experience with this client to the Upwork community. (I don't think the client was clear in communicating expecations and I sent her a message explaining why I feel that way, to which she did not respond.) How honest should I be in the 5000-character space? The example of "appropriate feedback" is very positive, but what is appropriate when your feedback is less than very positive? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Jim,

We can't influence what details you would like to include in your feedback, but we do encourage you to share your honest feedback about your experience working with your client. I'm sure other community members would be happy to share with you some helpful suggestions in writing your feedback.

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jim B wrote:

My first contract was closed, and now I have the opportunity to rate the client and share my experience with this client to the Upwork community. (I don't think the client was clear in communicating expecations and I sent her a message explaining why I feel that way, to which she did not respond.) How honest should I be in the 5000-character space? The example of "appropriate feedback" is very positive, but what is appropriate when your feedback is less than very positive? Thanks.

Then the less than very positive feedback is appropriate.

sullivanliz
Community Member

Keep it short and professional, but honest. Resist the urge to go into lots of detail and try to frame it constructively.

I'm not even sure if I will read it if your feedback is too long.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 7.37.28 AM.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths