🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Publishing
Page options
konstantin_topic
Community Member

Publishing

So I submitted my profile on 30th december and got an e-mail right away saying it will be reviewed in the next 24h period. It's been a whole week from then and nothing. Can't even contact customer support because of unpublished profile. This is unbelievable seriously. This is not a site, it's a joke. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Konstantin,

Sorry about the delay. I checked and your profile is currently under review. Once the review is completed, you will receive an email and a notification on your Upwork account to update you of the status. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

You need to work on your profile. I expect Upwork has not accepted it because you are not offering any skills. You claim to be a data engineer and have nothing to back this up. You have no portfolio or work experience. Professionalism, accuracy and all the other things you mention are part of the freelancer's package, they are not specific skills. 

You could try doing a few tests in your field - but only show the tests with an above-average score. Also your English is good, but it is not native/bilingual. You need to put Romanian as your native language and set English to fluent. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "This is not a site, it's a joke."

Unfortunately for you, the Upwork employee assigned to review your profile may have had a similar thought, and put your review at the bottom of his pile. 

When freelancers don't take their profiles seriously, there is often a long delay in getting them approved.

JoanneP

Hi Konstantin,

Sorry about the delay. I checked and your profile is currently under review. Once the review is completed, you will receive an email and a notification on your Upwork account to update you of the status. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths