🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Qouting price
Page options
azher90
Community Member

Qouting price

Client asked me to provide fixed price qoute. What should I had to do ?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Azher I wrote:

Azher, I pretty much only work fixed price. I quote it by looking at each component of the project and estimating how much time it will take in hours. Then I pad that to account for client calls/meetings, usually by about 10%. I add up the number of hours with each component, then multiply it by my hourly rate. If I'm feeling generous and really want to work with the client, I might discount it a small percent to get to a good round number. I also will consider what the client has stipulated as their total budget for the project. Sometimes I will bid over their budget, sometimes under, sometimes just at their budget. 

Your best bet to start learning how to quote is to think of similar projects you have done, and estimate how many hours those took, then multiple the number of hours by your hourly rate. This will be your bid. You can break it down into components or milestones, or you can ask for one lump sum payment. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

Azher I wrote:

You quote what it will cost.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Azher I wrote:

Azher, I pretty much only work fixed price. I quote it by looking at each component of the project and estimating how much time it will take in hours. Then I pad that to account for client calls/meetings, usually by about 10%. I add up the number of hours with each component, then multiply it by my hourly rate. If I'm feeling generous and really want to work with the client, I might discount it a small percent to get to a good round number. I also will consider what the client has stipulated as their total budget for the project. Sometimes I will bid over their budget, sometimes under, sometimes just at their budget. 

Your best bet to start learning how to quote is to think of similar projects you have done, and estimate how many hours those took, then multiple the number of hours by your hourly rate. This will be your bid. You can break it down into components or milestones, or you can ask for one lump sum payment. 

Hope this helps. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths