🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Queries regarding Bank Account, W-8BEN and Ba...
Page options
m_tawf
Community Member

Queries regarding Bank Account, W-8BEN and Balance

Hi, I have the following queries:-

- I am not sure whether my bank account has been linked to my account, as I received an error message. How do I know if my bank account has been properly linked? 

- In addition, on my account, the balance amount is shown as $0 although I have completed a task worth $200 ($160 after upwork charges). However, on my profile, it shows I have earned $200. 

- As for W-8BEN, do I need to fill up a separate form? In the W-8BEN tab there is only space for putting in "Legal Name of Business", should I add my name to that box (although I am not a Business entity)?

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi M, 

I can confirm that you were able to add your bank account to your payment methods. When you add a payment method to your account, this goes through a three-day security period before you can start using it. If there are any issues with the bank account you added, you will be notified in your account. 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing cyclePayments released for fixed-price contracts go through a 5-day security period and will be available to you once the security period is over

If you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, this means it's already in the security period. You may read through each tab to know when you should expect the payment to be available on your account.

As for your question regarding Form W8-BEN, the Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you're not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Please fill in the form with your legal name and address that matches your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths