🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Question about Hire status
Page options
george_t321
Community Member

Question about Hire status

I'm reviewing projects that Upwork shared with me and noticed one has the following status: Hires: 1. I'm guessing this means the client already hired someone but then why is the job still listed in my feed? Can someone please explain? Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_sharman
Community Member

George T wrote:

I'm reviewing projects that Upwork shared with me and noticed one has the following status: Hires: 1. I'm guessing this means the client already hired someone but then why is the job still listed in my feed? Can someone please explain? Thanks

The only way a job is removed from active listing is if the client closes it or it's removed by Upwork for TOS violations. 

That said, I have clients who hire me and never close the job. Some clients keep the jobs open to hire multiple freelancers for the same job, or for whatever reason.

Either way, I don't recommend applying unless the job specifies multiple freelancers. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
m_sharman
Community Member

George T wrote:

The only way a job is removed from active listing is if the client closes it or it's removed by Upwork for TOS violations. 

That said, I have clients who hire me and never close the job. Some clients keep the jobs open to hire multiple freelancers for the same job, or for whatever reason.

Either way, I don't recommend applying unless the job specifies multiple freelancers. 

Thank you Miriam. It's helpful to hear from someone who has been through this situation.

prestonhunter
Community Member

George: On many occasions I have hired between 5 to 20 freelancers using a single job posting.

I always specify in the job posting that I am hiring one freelancer.

I always close the posting or make it private after I have finished hiring freelancers through the job posting. But some clients never close a job posting, even after they have hired everybody the need.

The numbers you are looking at can be informative. But there is no way to know for certain if a client is actively interested in hiring more people, or if that particular client simply doesn't close job postings as part of his hiring routine.

I keep the job open for hourly jobs, even after hiring the freelancer, if I don't like the freelancer, I simply ask him that, it's not working out and look for the next fit for the job. But in case of the fixed job, I close the job, as soon as I hire someone.

Thank you, Robin. That makes sense.

Thank you, Preston. That is good to know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths