🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Question about Payment
Page options
jacob_langbayan
Community Member

Question about Payment

Hi Guys! I've landed my second hourly contract. I have started my timer and succesfully completed the job after a few hours. My client was happy and he immediately ended the contract.

20 dollars was given two me for the time I spent finishing the job. My client also gave me an 8 dollar bonus. After that I went to the Reports Page, but when I checked the payment process. The 8 dollars is already in the "Pending Panel" but the 20 dollars is still on the "Work in Progress Panel" 

Why did the 8 dollar bonus went through right away while the 20 dollars still in the "Work in Progress Panel" even though client has already ended contract? Thank you so mucn in advance!

With all humility and highest respect,

Jacob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Bonuses are not covered by the payment protection features. The base pay is, however (assuming you tracked your time properly, etc.), and still has to wait out the client review period, which starts at the end of the work week.

If you finished the job today (the 9th), for example, the work week will end this Sunday (the 13th). The client will be invoiced the following Monday (the 14th), and will have until that Friday (the 18th) to request changes. If all is well, you will get your money the Wednesday after (the 23rd).

More information can be found at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Bonuses are not covered by the payment protection features. The base pay is, however (assuming you tracked your time properly, etc.), and still has to wait out the client review period, which starts at the end of the work week.

If you finished the job today (the 9th), for example, the work week will end this Sunday (the 13th). The client will be invoiced the following Monday (the 14th), and will have until that Friday (the 18th) to request changes. If all is well, you will get your money the Wednesday after (the 23rd).

More information can be found at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

Thank you so much Michael! I have nothing else to say. Your reply was cleary on point and very easy to understand! Thank you so much! Much respect!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths