🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Question about hourly payment
Page options
tomliuwhite
Community Member

Question about hourly payment

1, For one project I am working on is based on hourly payment. I added one manual time(0.5 hour), this is the first time I added the manual time, I am not quite sure how it works. Just want to double check: after I added the manual time, anything else I need to do? It will be invoiced to client automatically, right?
2, The client I am working with, he wants to use hourly payment, and before the project he processed with me and then set the price(it is fixed price, e.g. 30USD), and then he wants me to just add it to manual time. He thinks it is easier for him to manage. But I noticed when I added the manual time, it shows: Note: manual time does not qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection. So I am not quite sure should I do this way(add manual time). If not, what is the best way for me to do?
Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's not advised to use manually added time because in case the client just decides not to pay for it, Upwork can't help you.

However, when I first started on Upwork, I could not manage to install the tracker (because I use Ubuntu). I had to work for a client I had done a few fixed price jobs previously. For a while, he needed me to work on an hourly contract basis. We trusted each other, and all went well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
iamjomz
Community Member

1. Yes, it will be added to your invoice as long as the client also allows it since they might have the option to decline the manual time. Make sure that manual time is added before the week ends. 

2. Don't fall for this trap. You got to inform your client politely of the terms you have discussed before starting the project. If it is based on hourly, then you should run your tracker and charge him for hourly rates. This is actually a violation and you can report this client to Upwork. 

It's not advised to use manually added time because in case the client just decides not to pay for it, Upwork can't help you.

However, when I first started on Upwork, I could not manage to install the tracker (because I use Ubuntu). I had to work for a client I had done a few fixed price jobs previously. For a while, he needed me to work on an hourly contract basis. We trusted each other, and all went well.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths