🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Question about posting portfolios
Page options
wickedlnl
Community Member

Question about posting portfolios

Hi everyone. Regarding the portfolio you can put on your profile, I was wondering is it good practice to have a few of them to show different works or just one where you can see works from different projects? I ask because Im a photographer/retoucher so my main "show off" work would be the photos that I have worked on. But im seeing a lot of profiles without any portfolios, just a detailed profile of what they do, education etc.

So I guess my question is since im new, when applying for jobs to clients, do they care more about the files you upload when you send your proposal or do they depend more on your profile with a portfolio? Should I have 10 different gallerys or just one or two but only show off more photos when you are sending a proposal?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nemanja, 

Your portfolio is where you have the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. I would recommend that you upload items that are relevant to the skills/experience that you have noted on your profile so that potential clients can review your profile, and assess if you are the right fit for their job. Here's a nice blog article about creating a successful portfolio section on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nemanja, 

Your portfolio is where you have the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. I would recommend that you upload items that are relevant to the skills/experience that you have noted on your profile so that potential clients can review your profile, and assess if you are the right fit for their job. Here's a nice blog article about creating a successful portfolio section on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths