🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Question about submitted proposals and client...
Page options
0917b2b0
Community Member

Question about submitted proposals and clients' hires

Hi everyone, 

I joined Upwork last week and I have submitted a total of 8 proposals. So far, none of my proposals has been successful, but none has been rejected either. 

In some cases, the job posting shows that the client has already made one or two hires. In other cases, a job posting requesting 24-hour delivery is still active for several days. So I'm left wondering whether I still have a chance for an interview or whether the client has already hired someone but simply forgot to close the job or decline my proposal.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can help clarify these issues and give me a sense of what to expect. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Read through the New to Upwork section of the Discussions and also search for posts that include the phrase "not getting." 

Many people send dozens (sometimes more) proposals without ever getting a response. People who post urgent gigs are probably posting them on more than one job forum and a few may be lying to get freelancers to do the work quickly (because the client is a scammer and won't be able to pay). 

Freelance platforms are a different type of environment than any other and there are many risks and unexpected twists here. Learn as much as you can from the experience of others rather than go through the trials yourself. 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Read through the New to Upwork section of the Discussions and also search for posts that include the phrase "not getting." 

Many people send dozens (sometimes more) proposals without ever getting a response. People who post urgent gigs are probably posting them on more than one job forum and a few may be lying to get freelancers to do the work quickly (because the client is a scammer and won't be able to pay). 

Freelance platforms are a different type of environment than any other and there are many risks and unexpected twists here. Learn as much as you can from the experience of others rather than go through the trials yourself. 😉

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Dona,

Once you have applied to a project, give it no more thought unless the client responds. You will very rarely hear from a client telling you they do not intend to hire you.

And don't wait for clients to respond. Spend your time instead finding and applying to other projects. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths