🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Question regarding offer to work
Page options
b1b19996
Community Member

Question regarding offer to work

Folks,

I went through an chat interview process that to be honest did not ask me any technical questions about the technology in question. I was offerred the job but strangely everything seems to be outside of upwork.  So they said I would get an offer in my email and I had 10 minutes to sign and return.  I would be sent a laptop and strangely an electronic check to buy software.  Why is it not installed on the laptop? For part time work why would you send me a laptop?

This is my first attempt using upwork and I am concerned about scams and or is this legitimate.  I prefer not to mention the company name in a public forum.

Any advice?

Sincerely

Mohan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well the notification seemed to come thru upwork.  Then they asked me to continue thru Teams.  Like I said it is the first time for me.  So perhaps I did the incorrect thing.

Well I will not sign the offer letter, since I want everything to go thru upwork.  Thank you for your response.

Mohan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Never go of off Upwork for interviews because it's against the Terms of Use. Problem solved with the issues you ran into.

Well the notification seemed to come thru upwork.  Then they asked me to continue thru Teams.  Like I said it is the first time for me.  So perhaps I did the incorrect thing.

Well I will not sign the offer letter, since I want everything to go thru upwork.  Thank you for your response.

Mohan

It's also a scam, so you dodged a bullet.  You need to read a bit more about the site before bidding on jobs. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Fake check scam. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths