🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Question related to my friend's new profi...
Page options
choksis11
Community Member

Question related to my friend's new profile

Hello Upwork,

My friend Nitin S is trying to open a new profile on Upwork. Upwork said it has sent email to my friend for changes that need to be made. However, my friend never received any email for changes. What should he do? He is not able to send any email to upwork. Thanks  

5 REPLIES 5
emiguelina
Community Member

@Shail C wrote:

Hello Upwork,

My friend Nitin S is trying to open a new profile on Upwork. Upwork said it has sent email to my friend for changes that need to be made. However, my friend never received any email for changes. What should he do? He is not able to send any email to upwork. Thanks  

Well, despite that he received or not that email, I'm certain such email contains the same thing that is shown above his profile, so I recommend to check the Upwork Guidelines, perhaps check the support messages, and finally when his profile is done, resubmit it, as instructed. I think is pretty simple.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shail,

Please advise your friend that creating more than one account on Upwork is against the ToS. Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on your friend's profile status with you, for privacy reasons, which we hope you understand, please refer him to the notification he received from Upwork. Generally, only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for your skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan,

I understand. Is there a way my friend can communicate directly? Currently he is not able to send his quesitons becuase he doesn't have access that's why I acting as a bridge between him and you.  If possible, please send him support message again so that he knows what to do. 

He said He was not aware about ToS of upwork. Earlier, his profile showed up message like "sufficient demand for your skills and experience on upwork, please add most relevant skills and experience and resubmit the profile". Now, his profile shows message like "We've hidden your profile because it does not meet the following Upwork guidelines. You will not be able to submit proposals until these issues are fixed. Check these support messages for more details". But he did not receive any support messages into his upwork inbox.

Thanks

IDK, but I think I just saw something.

Shail,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to further comment on your friend's account status. Please, refer him to the notification he sees on his account. Please, note that it's against the ToS to share or create duplicate accounts. Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths