🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Questions About How Proposals Are Removed Fro...
Page options
stavitabile77
Community Member

Questions About How Proposals Are Removed From Proposals Queue

Hi there, I'm new here and am still figuring out how everything works. I was wondering, I had put in 4 proposals so far and the last I had checked they had all appeared under my proposals but now only 3 of them show there. Does the other one just get automatically removed for some reason? Like if the posting is taken down or the client has found enough freelancers? Thanks,Steve

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen A wrote:

OK, that makes sense. So typically, that's the usual way I assume? My connects weren't restored so the client must have just found other freelancer(s) to hire. And then I would know by seeing the proposal no longer in my queue, correct?

Client has to close the job.  Most keep the job open even if they hire someone.  If you visit the job post again, you will see a Hire: 1 (or 2, 3, etc.) in the same list as # of proposals, # of interviews, etc. towards the bottom.  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
robin_hyman
Community Member

Stephen A wrote:

Hi there, I'm new here and am still figuring out how everything works. I was wondering, I had put in 4 proposals so far and the last I had checked they had all appeared under my proposals but now only 3 of them show there. Does the other one just get automatically removed for some reason? Like if the posting is taken down or the client has found enough freelancers? Thanks,Steve

Welcome to Upwork!  The client may have hired someone and closed the job.  Client may have cancelled the job.  If it was cancelled, your connects would have been returned to you.  You can find out from going to the Reports tab --> Connects History.

OK, that makes sense. So typically, that's the usual way I assume? My connects weren't restored so the client must have just found other freelancer(s) to hire. And then I would know by seeing the proposal no longer in my queue, correct?

Stephen A wrote:

Client has to close the job.  Most keep the job open even if they hire someone.  If you visit the job post again, you will see a Hire: 1 (or 2, 3, etc.) in the same list as # of proposals, # of interviews, etc. towards the bottom.  

Awesome, that's helpful to know! Thanks very much!

You should have two folders for proposals - one for active, one for archived.  A client may have archived your proposal.

Ah OK, yes I did see it in the Archived section and it says "Job is Closed" so I am assuming that means they have filled the position?

Not necessarily.  Just means they aren't interested in you.  Sigh.

Haha, well that's reassuring in a way. At least now I have my closure. Thanks again for the info!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths