cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: REFUND BY ERROR

David Alejandro Q Member Since: May 3, 2017
1 of 3

In the work that I have just completed, I mistakenly returned the money Man Sad, although I already spoke with the client and he informed me that I had sent a message to upwork, I wanted to know if is possible that I can recover my payment? Thanks for any help

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 3

Come on Upwork, apparently people need a definition of refund.  They don't know what refund means!!!

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

David:

Don't worry!

Other freelancers who apparently have minimal interest in money have made the same mistake that you made.

Whether you get the money back or not, there is no dishonor in what you have done.

If you have already politely and briefly informed the client about the mistake that you made and requested that he use the "Pay Bonus" tool to send the money back to you, then you are done.

It is now the client's choice to send you the money or not. The best thing to do is to ask the client to wait until he sees the money returned to his account first.

Do not contact customer support about this. There is nothing they can do. This is between you and your client.

If you don't get the money back, that's okay! The important thing is the lesson that you learned.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS