Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account on Hold - Video Verification Requested

Highlighted
Muhammad O Member Since: Oct 17, 2016
1 of 187

Hello Upwork team,

My account is 100% complete and ive completed some tests as well. Yesterday i made some proposals and uploaded my CNIC picture, as it was required before making any proposal, and today when i open my account it says your account has been suspended. I would like to know why my account was suspended. Will it be functioning again or have I list my account? It really is frustrating from the beginging of my account creation. Please help me.

Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 187

Hi Muhammad,

Please check the notification you received earlier today and follow the instructions our agent shared, in order to complete the requested video verification.

Jeanette L Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
3 of 187

SAME AS OTHERS ..... A notice saying my account is suspending is pasted across the top of my page. When I follow the CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT link, the page loops me back to where I began. 

The same thing happens when I google CUSTOMER SPUUPORT... it redirects  to log-in page. 

In the meantime, I cannot verify the suspention message is legit. Certainly, UPWORK is not so inhumne they would suspend a worker's account without any indication this might happen? 

4 of 187

Hi Jeanette,

I see our team sent you a couple of notification previously and placed a hold on your account yesterday. Please respond to the our team's messages on the ticket you can find here in order to resolve the issue with your account.  

Taras T Member Since: Apr 15, 2018
5 of 187

Hi.

I am here to ask about the result of video verification which was done a few days ago.

Now my account is still hold on with video verification request ,though I have done via skype.

When I entered the chat dialog to have a video call with upwork agency, she sent me button to let me click that to enter the video calling room, but I couldn't see any button at chat dialog, just saw the string of code instead of button. She(Ann O.) said it would be the browser issue and suggested the skype verification. According to this guide I set up skype on my com and had a call with her. The verification was done successful that day. But my account is still on hold. and still see the action required box above the screen.

Request #20919647 

This is the id of my chatting with Ann O.

I submitted a ticket why my account is still hold on, but upwork didn't see the ticket that I submitted due to my account is still required to have a video call.

Do I need to have a video call again? 

I am looking for best offer to me and I will keep TOS of upwork.

Please solve this problem and let me work in upwork.

Thanks.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
6 of 187

Hi Taras, Sorry to hear you're having issues with the verification. Please post any questions you have on the ticket thread and submit the documents for review. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Amber S Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
7 of 187

Why is my account suspended even after completing my profile?

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
8 of 187

Hello Amber,

I just checked your account and I can see that our team representative reached out to your regarding this. Please check your email inbox or check it directly here for more information.

Thanks!

Untitled
Maggie B Member Since: Dec 24, 2016
9 of 187

Hello, 

Got an email saying I needed to have a video chat to verify my account but didn't click the link because the email seemed suspicious. Did see that my account was suspended. Saw that the verifications on upwork looked different than that of the email. Emailed my concerns to phishing-report@upwork.com and then had it bounced back. 

I'm waiting for communication from upwork that comes from the website, not just my email address.

10 of 187

Hi Maggie,

Please click this link to access the notification our team sent you in your Help Center. Please use the the link included on the ticket in order to initiate the video call.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS