cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account on Hold - Video Verification Requested

Svanhvit J Member Since: Dec 9, 2016
91 of 187

Hi upworkers!

I signed up to upwork a few weeks ago just to see how it works, but haven't been active until recently, i just finsihed setting up my profile this week and sent one proposal. Today I then made my my first skill test, and actually failed pretty badly but I was quite surprised to then a get a notification that my account has been suspended. And no explanation Smiley Sad Is it because I failed the test? Can I contact Upwork directly to find out why?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
92 of 187

I can't see why your account has been suspended. The result of the skill test would not have caused your account to be suspended. Have you had any invitations inviting you to work off site?

You should have received an email from customer support telling you why.

It could just be that your profile is still being checked out. They might think the links in your portfolio are suspect, i.e. giving your personal contacts, which they don't.

Svanhvit J Member Since: Dec 9, 2016
93 of 187

Hi Nichola, thanks so much for your quick reply! I just realized that it was suspended because i hadn´t verified my account via video chat. So thats why they temporarly suspended it. But I did it just now and i´m back on Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
94 of 187

Great news and good luck! Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Christine O Member Since: Nov 26, 2016
95 of 187

Is there  a problem with working off site? I did quite some work today, and my client insisted on using skype. I completed the task and sent him the file. Now, hours later, my account has been suspended? Now , where do i start from in resolving this challenge?

Ace Contributor
Brandy H Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
96 of 187

Is this video verification something that everyone is required to do?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 187

Hi Brandy,

Freelancers who are required to complete the video verification are informed by the team via email. At this point we are still testing this program, so not everybody is required to undergo the verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Brandy H Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
98 of 187

Thanks for your response, Valeria. How's it going so far? 

Jeffrey D Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
99 of 187

There does not seem to be any emails. Clicking the link just takes me to the general help system with no way to contact customer support.

I am lost as to what happened here. There is no explanation. Can anybody help me figure out what the issue is?

Ace Contributor
Christine O Member Since: Nov 26, 2016
100 of 187

I am also experiencing the same challenge, yet i am in the middle of a task. The support centre is not so useful at all. Please, someone who understands what is happening with my account, let me know.

Regards,

Christine

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS