Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Expiration of jobs

Highlighted
Zahra H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
1 of 3

Dear Valeria K

I supposed to deliver a job to the client until 4th of Feb but I have delivered it very earlier 2 days a go which was 25th of Jan. After delivering the job, I have not received any feedback from the client but then today suddenly I have received an automat email  which says " An offer from .... has expired" I have no idea what is going on. In my last message to the client which I have delivered the work there, I have asked her if anything should change please let me know. But I did not receive anything and just this email that the job has expired. I do not know what is going on. the job was offered 60 $ which at the end I suppose to receive 48 $. The job took me very more time than that but since it was my first job here in Upwork,  I wanted to put all of my effort to deliver something perfect. Hence, I do not find it at all fair that suddenly the client expires the contract whiteout any feedback, just received the file and bye. I have tried to call the client and send her messages asking about the reason but did not receive any response yet. I hope there is somebody who can help me or any suggestions for me. 

for your knowledge, I had an interview first with the client and created a sample of my design for her an then she reviewed and accepted and send me the offer but after receiving the real work she suddenly expired the offer. I am sad about this situations, it is only in the benefit of the clients not the designers. Now she has the job without paying anything. Sombody, pLease help me...  

zahra

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Zahra,

It looks like you didn't accept the offer this client sent you before you started working on their job and delivered the work. Please note that you need to accept the offer in order for a contract to be created, which would show under your My Jobs tab. You can communicate with this client and ask them to resend the offer so they could process the payment for the work you delivered. 

Please review these resources before submitting new proposals and report any behaviour described in the Safety First section. Make sure you have an active contract on Upwork before you start working, only accept to get paid through Upwork and use Upwork Payment Protection programs on your contracts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
3 of 3

You live and learn.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)