🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Meet Your Community Team
Page options
fran-hathaway
Community Member

Re: Meet Your Community Team

Hi there,

I'm new to Upwork and recently clicked on a few job opportunities but have not heard back. Is there something else I should do? I'm a professional writer -- newspaper, two novels, president of Lifestories. I help people writer their life stories. I have traveled widely, play the piano proficiently and love my two Siberian cats. I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

Fran Hathaway

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Fran,

Thanks for your message. Please check this very helpful article to get you started on Upwork. For more information about working safely through Upwork tips for avoiding questionable jobs

You may also want to check these articles to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
colettelewis
Community Member

Fran,

It can take quite a time to get your first job on Upwork, particularly in writing, which is one of the most fiercely contested categories on the site. Just keep on applying for the sort of projects that interest you, but don't apply randomly, even if you don't get any responses for a couple of months. Also choose a niche to begin with and apply to jobs that relate to it. 

Add a portfolio to your profile and under "skills" add writing. You have put 2D design, which might be one of your skills, but as you are principally a writer, this looks a bit contradictory. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths