🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Re-open accidentally closed account
Page options
de6f6de2
Community Member

Re-open accidentally closed account

Hi I've recently accidentally closed my freelance account, I was meant to close a team which i created, but instead accidentally closed my whole account. I would like to re-instate if possible thank you.!

For any details please PM me and ill be happy to provide.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee, 

I apologise for not being able to get back to you soon. Your old account has been reinstated. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee, 

I was unable to locate your old account. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name so that I can look into this, and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
de6f6de2
Community Member

Hello Avery and thanks for getting back.

This is my client account, however the account in question is my freelance account, i'd love to send you over the details however had some issues which ill outline below.

I've followed your instructions by clicking on your name and clicking "Message" on your profile however keep getting the following message:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Thanks Avery! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I just sent you a private message, Dee. Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
de6f6de2
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Got the message and sent a reply. Let me know if you need any further info! 🙂

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee, 

I apologise for not being able to get back to you soon. Your old account has been reinstated. 

~ Avery
Upwork
de6f6de2
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thank you so much for helping out with this. Much appreciated!

Warmest Regards,

Dan

Hi Avery,

My brother did not know about the policy that user cannot create another account, that's why he has closed his old account and intended to create a new one. But he realized that will be violated the policy. Therefore, could you please help me re-open his old account? Please grant me permission to send private message to you. I'll send you his user id. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Phuong

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong, 

I'm sorry I missed your post. I'll go ahead and send you a private message so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery,

I've recently accidentally closed my freelance account, I was meant to close a client which I created, but instead accidentally closed my whole account. I would like to re-instate if possible thank you.!

For any details please PM me and ill be happy to provide.

Thank you.

Hi Priyank, 

It looks like your old and new account have the same email address associated with it. Please close this new account where you are posting from, and I will go ahead and reinstate your old account once I confirm that the old account is closed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Priyank, 

If you are reading this, please know that your old account has already been reinstated. 

~ Avery
Upwork
birenshah
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I accidently closed my agency account while trying to close my client account for same email.

Can you please help to reactivate my agency account?

Hi Biren,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have closed my upwork account some days ago. I want to re-activate this account at same id. I just created another account on same id to ask this.

Hi Ahmad,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6554bfe4
Community Member

Hello Avery, 

I accidentally closed my account with funds still inside that account. Please help me retrieve it. I can't seem to message you privately

Hi Issabelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much ! Will be happy to hear from you soon

Hello, Goran!

I recently closed my account here at Upwork but I'd like to re-open it again. I'll make sure to close this new account once the old account has been recovered. Thank you!

Hi Heather,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
af9d94ae
Community Member

Already did. Thanks!

e06fc3ba
Community Member

I have same problem I closed my account accidentally could ypu please reopen it 

here my username:Roman Junior

Hi There,

I've checked the username you shared, but I couldn't find a profile. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll have it reviewed, and we'll go from there.

Additionally, please remember that users can only have one account, and several violate the Upwork TOS. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths